Patient Care Coordinator
Posted on May 5, 2021 by Comber Physical Therapy
As a critical member of the clinic team, the Patient Care Coordinator delivers exceptional customer service to patients in a dynamic, fast paced medical office in coordination with the clinical staff. The incumbent creates a patient's first impression of Comber Physical Therapy and responsible for guiding the patient through their care experience from the initial appointment and registration, subsequent scheduling, and ultimate discharge. This position is responsible for maintaining a neat and welcoming reception area and for performing all front desk administrative responsibilities including scheduling, insurance verifications and authorizations, patient records, payments, reception and phone, and reporting.
- The ideal candidate will have a positive "can do" attitude and is polite and courteous to patients as well as team members.
- Exhibit good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Display maturity and ability to multi-task.
- Informs staff of patient/visitor arrival and provides instruction, assistance and information as to completion of required paperwork and waiting times.
- Answers general questions about the facility: location, rest rooms, hours of operation, etc.
- Ensures waiting area is clean, tidy, and is stocked with appropriate patient announcements and brochures.
- Is responsible for maintaining patient flow, answering phones promptly and courteously, and maintaining clinic schedules.
- Balances daily cash and collections.
- Performs all other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time