Posted on May 5, 2021 by Templeton and Partners
Templeton & Partners is currently looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer with working knowledge in Palo Alto products for a large commercial client.
As an experienced DevOps expert, you will:
- Work with development partners to shape the architecture, design, and implementations of new and existing systems to enhance their reliability, performance, efficiency, and scalability
- Ensure all key services are measured, monitored and raising alerts when needed
- Automation of deployment and configuration processes
- Develop reliability tools and frameworks for use by all engineers
- Share on-call for most critical systems and lead incident response and no-blame post-mortem analysis and review
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration management, performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- We are expert in infrastructure and best practices, and we help development teams using infrastructure more effectively.
- We are on point for capacity planning and to help teams anticipate and prepare for growth.
- Grit, drive and a deep sense of ownership.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Expertise or deep working knowledge in Cloud networking and Next Gen security services
- Product and working knowledge with Palo Alto products (Next gen Firewalls, Panorama, Global Protect VPN) and with Hashicorp products (Vault, Terraform etc.)
- Expertise with coding infrastructure, automation and orchestration
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Terraform, Prometheus, Elastic, Jenkins (or other similar toolset)
- Well versed in multiple cloud flavours (AWS and Azure)
- A good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems.
- Good understanding of the DevOps and SAFe/Scrum ways of working