Posted on May 5, 2021 by Gazelle Global Consulting
One of my globally leading clients is urgently looking for a Software Engineer mainly focused on Back End Java development. This is a 6-month rolling contract and the client is located in Amsterdam. The ideal Java Developer must be a strong Developer who is technically passionate, solution-focused and able to contribute to design, development, test automation and hardening (security, stability, deployment) our client's inhouse-developed pricing & risk components.
As a Full stack Engineer you will be responsible for the following:
- Work on the latest technologies with a strong focus on performance, large data sets and towards event-driven architecture.
- Distributed systems built around Apache technologies (a.o. Apache Ignite, GridGain)
Java 8, including Functional programming.
- SQL Oracle
- Linux, virtualization, containerization, docker, kubernetes
- Design and develop automated unit, integration, and regression tests.
- Create Front End components with Web Components.
- Through our Agile/Scrum process: interpret business requirements with the Product Owner and Feature Engineer during the refinement session, break down the tasks, estimate the Story Points to develop, test and harden this feature with your colleagues, and deliver and support it on the production environment to our global users.
As a Full stack Engineer you must have the following skills:
- A University degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics, Software Engineering, Financial Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of software engineering, Java development experience
- Experience in developing automated testing
- Familiarity with tools like Confluence, JIRA, Checkmarx, Git, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience or affinity with IT Security concepts
- Good communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills, proactivity and ability to work in cross-border international teams
- The drive to understand (international) colleagues of your team, focused on delivering working software together, eager to learn.
- You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You have a good understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning it.
- You are able to discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and can translate these into software with real business value.
- You have a curiosity to understand Java SE fundamentals (eg serialization, threading, transactions, functional programming benefits) even when using Spring, Spring Boot.
- You have experience in Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery tooling/practices.
Please get in touch ASAP for further details.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.