Hands-on Scrum master SAFe
Posted on May 4, 2021 by TALENT - IT
After a successful kick-off, we are extending the organisation of our Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning project with the creation of 2 Scrum Teams, one to work with our Retail department and the other to work with our Optimization & Generation department and we are currently looking for a Scrum Master who can manage the 2 teams together with the support of our OptiGen Domain Manager,our (Data) Architects and our partner Data Minded.
Role: Scrum master
- accountable with the PO for the delivery of the committed back log, facilitate scrum rituals, Agile way of working and DevOps mindset, resource planning/allocation to meet committed planning
- facilitate Local teams in experimentation phase and the transition towards Scrum teams
- Facilitating IT/business collaboration, helping to identify IT enablers and priorities
- Supporting the innovation and steep learning curve (helps in communication of the initiative, training organization and involvement, coaching and motivating)
- Supporting DEVOPS adoption and SMI involvement
- Successfully Implementing the NEO operating model
- Successfully collaborating with the vendor Data Minded and the development of internal capabilities
Helps the team embrace Agile Values - Promotes SAFe quality practices, adopts and applies SAFe Principles selected to be part of Luminus methodology, implement Luminus practices.
Facilitates meetings and Agile Rituals - Facilitates all team meetings, including (where applicable) the Daily Stand-up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
Supports the team rules - The rules of an Agile Team are lightweight, but they are rules nonetheless, and the Scrum Master is responsible for reinforcing them. These may include the rules of Scrum, Built-In Quality practices, Work in Process (WIP) limits from Kanban, and any other process rules the team has agreed.
Facilitates the team's progress towards team goals - The Scrum Master is trained as a team facilitator and is continuously engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow and velocity. He/she helps the team focus on daily and Sprint Goals in the context of current Program Increment (PI) Objectives.
Helps the team improve and take responsibility for their actions - facilitates the team retrospective.
Teaches problem-solving techniques and helps the team become better problem-solvers for themselves, more self-steering.
Helps the Product Owners in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope.
Eliminates impediments - Many blocking issues will be beyond the team's authority or may require support from other teams. The Scrum Master actively addresses these issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Sprint.
Builds a high-performing team - Focuses on ever-improving team dynamics and performance. Helps the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Escalates people problems to management where necessary, but only after internal team processes have failed to resolve the issue; helps individuals and teams through personnel changes.
Protects and communicates - Communicates with management and outside stakeholders; helps protect the team from uncontrolled expansion of work.
Helps coordinate inter-team cooperation and helps the team operate well on the train.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in Agile methodologies is required with a preference for SAFe methodology.
- Solid educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering.
- Experience in Utilities is an asset.
- (Strong) affinity with engineering of solutions at all levels (IT application and infrastructure architecture, functional E2E processes and Datamodelling) and a good general understanding of business contexts and complex IT architectures including different technologies and systems.
- Experience in Digital transformation project with Cloud adoption (better if AI/Advanced analytics platform)
- Coaching skills
- Communication skills
- Customer oriented
- Result driven
- Improve continuously, this can be in technology, quality of the delivered product, collaboration, communication, etc.
- Master of business English and at least conversational in Dutch or in French.
- Coordination/planning skills (focus on timely delivery + resource capacity allocation considering resources that are working across different teams)
- Analytical skills (decomposing complex problems or requirements/focus on quality)
- Empathy (facilitating/listening)