Server and Storage Systems Engineer (Windows, HP, SAN, Unix, VMWare, Citrix) - Remote and Brussels
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Octopus Computer Associates
Server and Storage Systems Engineer (Windows, HP, SAN, Unix, VMWare, Citrix) - Remote and Brussels, Belgium - French and English speaking
One of our Blue Chip Clients is urgently looking for a Server and Storage Systems Engineer.
For this role you can initially work remotely, but once the COVID restrictions have been lifted you will then need to be based onsite in Brussels.
Please find some details below:
Server and Storage Systems Engineer
+ knowledge UNIX
Purpose of the Mission (project & department description)
A Server and Storage systems Engineer is responsible for Servers in a Microsoft Windows environment and storage, from the transition from design to operations, through implementation, configuration and support.
The Systems Engineers we are looking for will join a project team dedicated to the migration of several applications to new Servers.
Primary Tasks & Responsibilities
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of Servers, storage and related hardware and software in an international environment.
- Installation, configuration and upgrading of virtualization, Business continuity plan and Backup solution.
- Investigation, diagnostic testing and resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure incidents.
- Working in validated environment which implies writing and maintenance of technical documentation and procedures, and follow controlled change management process. This is an important part of the role as the applications to install have not been documented (installation procedures have to be created).
- Server and Storage Design is not part of the job.
Experience, Knowledge & Soft Skill Requirements
Hard Skills (the candidate should have a strong technical level in at least 2 of these areas):
Strong knowledge of Windows Server Products and Applications 2008 or higher
Strong knowledge of HP Hardware Blade and DL Servers
Strong knowledge of Storage and SAN Systems: HP, IBM or Brocade
Strong knowledge of VMWare 5 or higher
Good knowledge of Citrix 6.5 or higher
Nice to have technical skills:
Good Knowledge of VBScript and PowerShell
Good knowledge of MS SQL
Good knowledge of Network
Knowledge of IBM TSM is a plus
Excellent spoken and written skills in French and English
Autonomous: able to work independently to install applications on new Servers and to look for/create the related documentation
Able to work in a validated environment
Can work independently as well as team player
Strong analytical skills
Service Minded - Familiar with the fundamentals of IT Service Management and SLA's
Coping With Stress in Crisis Situations
Education, Methodology & Certification Requirements
Bachelor Degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent by experience.
Certifications Windows Server 2008 or higher is mandatory
ITIL v3 Foundations certified is a plus
Strong affinity with IT evolutions
Language Proficiency Requirements
French - Fluent
English - Business
Please send CV for full details and immediate interviews. We are a preferred supplier to the client.