Field Technician - Transmission
Posted on May 4, 2021 by WDS Global Limited
Job title: Field Technician Telco Network Equipment - Junior position require upwards of 2 years experience
Job type: Permanent
Salary: £31200 plus 5% bonus and excellent benefits.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their career with the experience of working in a blue-chip US multinational technology company, based in our London offices.
You will be part of the London Field operations team the core hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm , working 40 hours per week, with the option to finish at lunchtime on Fridays, known as "Flex4Fridays".
Basic level installation, decommissioning and troubleshooting problems of network equipment and circuits. Responsible for preventative and demand maintenance of the network, critical infrastructure, materials management, and becomes familiar with the company's systems and applications. In some instances, may be responsible for the outside plant network in each geographic boundary, including metro and long-haul fibres. This role does require a 1 in 3 call out.
The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for asset management: processes deliveries and replenishes consumables as well as coordinates shipping and receiving of materials.
- Maintains tools, test sets, and electronic equipment including, but not limited to: fibre optic transmission equipment, light wave multiplexing equipment, AC and DC power equipment.
- Assists in installs, provisions, tests, and maintains DS0 thru OC192 services. May install and test transmission/switching equipment. And DWDM
- Troubleshoots network equipment, removes, and replaces defective modules, tracks spares and ensures repair.
- Monitors/locates route and assists in executing restoration in the event of a service interruption, proactively responds to potential problem areas in order to ensure integrity of the network.
- Responsible for learning all the systems and applications required to perform the job function adequately.
- Updates installation records, enters appropriate detailed log information on trouble tickets for reference, and provides reports to others on status updates and issues related to assignments.
· Core Skills
· Transmission / SDH networks and has worked on Nokia , Huawei , Juniper , CIEENA platforms.
· Worked in a data centre environment
· Good cabling practices Fibre and copper
· OTDR testing
· Team player
· PC lliterate
· Good problem solving skills
· Excellent customer facing skills
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£20 - £20 Hourly
£32k - £37k Annual
£15 - £15 Hourly