Posted on May 4, 2021 by CV-Library
As part of the Staffordshire Digital Innovation Partnerships project, Staffordshire University has entered into a partnership with Swift-Cut, an innovative and growing Staffordshire based engineering company and are looking to recruit a graduate / undergraduate to take on a 24-week project to transform the company’s training and customer communication offering. Swift-Cut already use AR based solutions and online tools to train customers. This project will enable them to integrate modern learning paradigms into a world class learning portal.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone to join an exciting business as they transform their customer training programme. Supported by University experts, you will use your excellent communication, organisation and IT skills to research, analyse, plan and implement a cutting-edge virtual learning platform. The platform will integrate with a variety of Swift-Cut’s existing systems to provide a seamless experience for staff and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with customers and internal stakeholders to create a requirements document for the learning portal.
* Evaluate existing learning portals for conformance to requirements
* Work with project management team to create a project plan
* Create a set of technical business options to present to the project and company management teams.
* Work with customers, internal stakeholders and suppliers to implement the learning portal, including:
* Back end / infrastructure
* Portal implementation
* Systems integration
* Content requirements
* Creation of sample content as examples
* Customer / staff training
Skills and Experience:
* Excellent communication skills. Evidence of working in a customer facing role is preferred but not essential.
* Educated to degree level in an IT related subject
* Business analysis experience is desirable
* Outstanding attention to detail
* Approachable with a positive attitude and willingness to seek help when required
* Interest in machine learning / chat bots / artificial intelligence
The position is offered on a full time, fixed term contract for 12 months
Hours and Days: Mon-Fri, 9am - 5pm
Dress Code: Smart Casual
The role will be situated within the host businesses premises.
Business Location: 1 Lancaster Park
Newborough Road, Needwood Burton-on-Trent, DE13 9PD – UK
Closing Date for applications Wednesday 26th May 2021
Provisional Start Date: 12 June 2021
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £40k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual