Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Cyber Security Engineer
Looking for a candidate to support and engineer the infrastructure that all the security and tools run on. Heavy Platform, Linux, Windows, Networking, WAN LAN, TCP/IP. You will have some Cloud Azure, Storage, Firewalls, Scripting Python, Containers. The emphasis is on Infrastructure and Cloud Technologies Strong Analytical Background
This role requires in depth knowledge of infrastructure and cloud technologies. The person in this role will contribute to the development and execution of a cyber security operations framework to ensure control availability, capacity and performance while maintaining the optimal level of security.
The candidate should have a breadth of technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Networks, Operating Systems, Databases, Web Applications, or Cloud implementations. This is a great opportunity for a seasoned technology professional to branch into the cyber security field.
- Design, build, administer and manage cyber security controls for the enterprise. (eg IDS/IPS, EDR, DLP, WAF, UBA)
- Act as the subject matter expert for one or more of the following areas - network security, endpoint security, database security, security testing and assurance, or communication security.
- Apply ITIL or other technology management practices to an enterprise cyber security platform.
- Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Serve as an expert in one or more areas of platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud, or mobile security best practices.
- Contribute to resource planning, engagement management, and service development/improvement initiatives for this area.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, internal and external customers and partners.
- Communicate cybersecurity risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong analytic skills in root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Strong system administration skills. (eg Windows, Linux)
- Strong network administration skills (eg Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Knowledge of network traffic analysis (tools, methodologies, processes).
- Knowledge of basic system, network, and OS hardening techniques.
- Knowledge of OSI model and network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- Scripting, coding, and automation skills. (eg python, power Shell, bash Scripting)
- A strong, working understanding of cloud architecture (eg containers, orchestration)
- Knowledge of contemporary security theory and application (including vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques and attack vectors).
- Strong understanding of systems development life cycle to lead multifunctional projects or initiatives.
- 1Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the US Healthcare industry.
- 1Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including technical writing, documentation development, process mapping, and visualization). Must be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Equivalent work experience, or Bachelor's or Master's Degree
- Minimum 5 years of combined hands-on IT implementation work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments. Requires knowledge of security principles, issues, techniques and implications across major computer platforms.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$110k - $130k Annual
$100k - $140k Annual