Cyber Security Engineer
Posted on May 4, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Cyber Security Engineer. Candidate will be responsible for the planning, deployment and operations of enterprise information security solutions (such as authentication and authorization, public key infrastructure, data loss prevention, network and endpount security) to address the current and emerging security needs of the business. Candidate will have in depth knowledge of infrastructure and cloud technologies.
Candidate should have strong technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Networks, Operating Systems, Databases, Web Applications, or Cloud implementations.
- Design, build, administer and manage cyber security controls for the enterprise. (eg IDS/IPS, EDR, DLP, WAF, UBA)
- Act as the subject matter expert for one or more of the following areas - network security, endpoint security, database security, security testing and assurance, or communication security.
- Apply ITIL or other technology management practices to an enterprise cyber security platform.
- Serve as a cybersecurity subject matter expert, assessing the business impact of cybersecurity risks to the enterprise and identifying options and recommendations for mitigating those risks.
- Serve as an expert in one or more areas of platform, application, storage, network, virtualization, cloud, or mobile security best practices.
- Contribute to resource planning, engagement management, and service development/improvement initiatives for this area.
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with co-workers, management, internal and external customers and partners.
- Communicate cybersecurity risks and solutions to various technical and non-technical audiences and levels of management.
- Maintain communication with management regarding development within areas of assigned responsibilities and perform special projects as required or requested.
- Develop strong working relationships with and offer continuous assistance to others in the cybersecurity and information technology organizations.
- Educate, coach, and mentor all members of the team on technical, interpersonal, team dynamics, company policy & procedure, enterprise business model and other topics.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company business.
- Comply with HIPAA, Diversity Principles, Corporate Integrity, Compliance Program policies and other applicable corporate and departmental policies.
- Strong analytic skills in root cause analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
- Strong system administration skills. (eg Windows, Linux)
- Strong network administration skills (eg Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Knowledge of network traffic analysis (tools, methodologies, processes).
- Knowledge of basic system, network, and OS hardening techniques.
- Knowledge of OSI model and network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- Scripting, coding, and automation skills. (eg python, power Shell, bash Scripting)
- A strong, working understanding of cloud architecture (eg containers, orchestration)
- Knowledge of contemporary security theory and application (including vulnerabilities, exploitation techniques and attack vectors).
- Strong understanding of systems development life cycle to lead multifunctional projects or initiatives.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and standards relevant to the US Healthcare industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including technical writing, documentation development, process mapping, and visualization). Must be able to effectively communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Equivalent work experience, or Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Assurance, or other related field.
- Minimum 5 years of combined hands-on IT implementation work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments. Requires knowledge of security principles, issues, techniques and implications across major computer platforms.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.