SENIOR UI/UX ENGINEER
Posted on May 4, 2021 by ITech Consult
SENIOR UI/UX ENGINEER
Our client is a market-leading smart grid technology and services company headquartered in Limerick. Through us, large electricity customers actively participate in the electricity market to generate revenue in return for providing valuable services that help support the reliability of the power grid. Together, our clients can provide more power to the grid than some of the country's large power stations. These services are delivered via our custom-designed control and communication systems.
Our state-of-the-art systems are designed to provide the fast frequency response services that are needed to facilitate increased integration of renewable energy on the power grid.
Everything built, developed, and deployed by client has been evidenced-based, and the same principle will apply to the UX process you will own. This is a perfect opportunity for someone with impeccable UI/UX skills, who also appreciates a data-driven approach to inform design. Conducting user surveys, user 'ghosting', and analysing user data are just some of the key activities that will drive the development of customer journeys, personas, and designs. This is an exciting opportunity to advance your career in this space, and design and implement a repeatable our client UX methodology.
* Work with stakeholders across a range of products to identify persona's, common needs with a view to iteratively creating an overarching vision for User Experience.
* Work closely with the development teams implementing the designs to ensure consistency in visual elements and behavior is applied.
* Create, improve, and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your ideas using any of these methods.
* Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall design roadmap as well as your interpretation of the user's needs
* Data driven approach in the gathering of current state user painpoints and frustrations, and the target state requirements to inform design
* Experience creating operations dashboards which allow the monitoring and control of elements in an EcoSystem.
* Ability to demonstrate a Design Thinking mindset.
* Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, and so on.
* A portfolio of previous projects and innovation
* Demonstrable experience using UI design tools.
* Good knowledge of Front End languages: HTML5, CSS3, Vue.js
* Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
* Ability to rapidly iterate over emerging experience designs.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 920089EK
Role: SENIOR UI/UX ENGINEER
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Fulltime
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.