Posted on May 4, 2021 by ITech Consult
Our client is dedicated to delivering excellence in service. Our client first opened its doors in 1987. Together with our Group network & partnerships. Our client achieves seamless solutions across the globe. They are using the latest IT technology and wealth of experience. Our client creates logistics solutions tailored to your individual needs.
They are looking for a Sr. Network Administrator to join the team.
- Providing 2nd/3rd level technical support to internal help desk
- Perform the installation, maintenance, repair, and monitoring of LAN Physical Infrastructure to ensure proper functionality and performance, including associated operating system software and hardware components such as Routers, bridges, Switches, hubs, and associated cabling and wiring
- Perform installation, maintenance, repair, and monitoring of the WAN environment to ensure proper functionality and performance, including associated operating system software and hardware components
- Ensure optimal network performance by assisting with performance and capacity monitoring and making and implementing recommendations to resolve identified issues.
- Perform maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Perform tests and continues monitoring of network redundancy, resilience and failover of network elements
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Assist in troubleshooting, testing & monitoring equipment.
- Day-to-day support of server systems in central and remote locations
- Understand and adhere to all corporate and local IT policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Network Administrator will be planning, designing and implementing scalable local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP). Network Administrator will be coordinating installation of such items as Switches and other network attached devices with appropriate vendors, developing tools to automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of a network system.
- Network Administrator will be conducting tests of network redundancy, resilience and failover of network elements to ensure up-time standards are fully achieved. As well as responsible for system performance, supports/troubleshoots network issues.
- Degree in a technology or engineering
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft networking technologies - Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP.
- Broad based knowledge of applications in the Microsoft ecosystem: backup technologies, database technologies, application Servers, web Servers, etc.
- Experience developing and understanding network device configuration
- Experience understanding and mitigating network hardware and topology failures
- Good prioritization skills and the ability to effectively switch tasks on varying projects and initiatives
- Ability to work within a team
- Travel will be required from time to time
- Out of hours and weekend will be required from time to time
- Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No .: 920043EK
Role: Network Administrator
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
Location: Dublin 12
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.