Packaging Engineer/Onsite Packaging Engineer
Posted on May 4, 2021 by eTeam Inc.
Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland
Job Title- Packaging Engineer/Onsite Packaging Engineer
Location- Dun Laoghaire, Dublin, Ireland
- At least 3-5+ years of working experience in packaging design, development and qualification. Experience should include materials such as paperboard, expanded foams, flexible films, vacuum trays, corrugate, and rigid materials.
- 5+ years of CAD modelling and drawing experience (SolidWorks).
- 3+ years of experience in designing thermoformed rigid or semi rigid material primary packaging trays, innovative tamper evident paperboard or corrugate secondary packaging and corrugate tertiary packaging
- Radiation and ETO type processes.
- Experience with indicative engineering studies and ASTM ship testing of all packaging
- Engineering acumen to statistically analyse (Minitab) and work through complex problems.
- Hands on experience designing and qualifying medical device packaging in compliance with local and international standards and regulations. These include, but are not limited to, ISO 11607-1, ISO 11607-2, ASTM F1980, ASTM F2097, ASTM D4169.
- Familiar with high-end packaging solutions, and preferably, experience with consumer, or electronics products packaging design and development.
- Ideally have hands on experience using engineering tools/practices such as DOE and Six Sigma.
- Ability to clearly communicate information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Adept with the medical device packaging regulations and standards.
- Expertise in engineering basics and hands-on with computing skills (design calculations & statistical analysis techniques).
- Excellent communication (MUST prove Technical writing skills with samples and/or assessment during the interview) & Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to break down complex problems & apply statistical methods to problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments on tight deadlines and work independently.
- Strong coordination, project management & leadership skills.
- Self-Motivated Team Player with good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on MS projects, Excel and Word.
- Design, develop, create prototype and validate primary, secondary and tertiary packaging for medical devices to support clinical trials, limited market releases and full-scale product launches.
- Provide R&D project support to the Senior Packaging Engineer for the packaging workstream to support for new product launches, clinical trials, global and limited market releases as well as key operations initiatives.
- Work through continuous changes resulting from a dynamic product development environment and translate the device changes into the package development process, working closely and continuously with cross-functional team members and outside suppliers of materials and services.
- Use design thinking approach for developing user experience of product packaging.
- Make customers/stakeholders and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive business relationships on a global front.
- Establish courses of action and plans for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently; successfully encourages others to take responsibility for their work packages.
- Deliver highly visual and precise reports to program directors to influence marketing and manufacturing that the packaging solutions are the best for the program.
- Support and/or manage package development of multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment.
- Conduct design reviews.
- Have hands on experience of ship testing and applying international standards eg ISTA/ASTM.
- Ensure compliance with organization's quality policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure quality of deliverables, including design, data summary, interpretation and report generation.
- Develop, maintain & share technical knowledge in specialized areas to the team.