Posted on May 4, 2021 by CV-Library
MUST BE DV CLEARABLE*
About this role
Applied Research (AR) is a large multi-disciplined ‘professional services’ engineering practice. The team is organised in key customer focused capabilities which each have sub-capability areas comprising single or multiple engineering delivery projects.
Our AR mantra is “Technical Excellence in Delivery” and we deliver some amazing technical capabilities for our customers which can only happen if we recruit, train and support our people
The purpose of this role is to be technically proficient in the Software Engineering profession and to deliver software work packages to time, cost and quality.
You'll have the following responsibilities
* Responsible for technical delivery of complex software solutions to time, cost and quality, requiring a low-level understanding of software platforms.
* Be a thought leader into emerging technologies relevant to own area of technical specialism, and may undertake research tasks under broad supervision.
* Involved across the end-to-end delivery of own project work, from customer elaboration to development to test and assurance to delivery.
* Responsible for your own technical work and many have responsibility for the work of others.
* Influence customers and suppliers in delivery of work packages.
* You may have responsibility to coach and mentor members of the team, particularly in your own technical specialism.
* You may conduct interviews of Graduates and Apprentices, and may be involved in the technical assessment of other hires.
You'll have the following skills & experience
Due to the sensitive nature of our work, you will be required to gain and maintain high level government security clearance and be willing to undergo the initial enhanced screening. All job offers are conditional on these requirements. You will need to have UK residency for 9 out of the last 10 years and be a UK national. At least one of your parents is also required to be either a British citizen or hold citizenship/nationality.
* Able to take responsibility for technical delivery of complex solutions to time, cost and quality, requiring a low-level understanding of existing platforms.
* Proven capability to deliver complex solutions using some of the following technologies: MEAN stack, C#, Python, C++, low-level mobile development (Objective-C, C++), elastic, ansible, docker, Jenkins, git.
* You will be a point-of-contact for customer queries relating to your project. This requires the ability to travel to and work at customer premises.
* Ability to use your technical expertise to influence customers on delivery of work packages.
If this sounds like you then click apply now! Alternatively, if you know anyone who would be good for the role or would like some more information then please contact me on the details below
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £45k Annual
£45 - £50 Hourly
£35k - £47k Annual