Posted on May 4, 2021 by Greater Cleveland Partnership
Under the direction of the Events Manager, the Events Coordinator will provide event management and operational tasks for the Events and Marketing team directly related to GCP's events and programs including, but not limited to networking, education, recognition and prospecting events, product/member benefit events, advocacy events and other GCP/COSE events as assigned. This individual will work in conjunction with the marketing and events team to meet the needs of the membership and the internal departments that the events team serves. This role will be responsible for developing and promoting programs, experiences and events that are attractive, interesting, and educational for the various audiences of the Greater Cleveland Partnership. The individual will be responsible for managing events and projects from concept through completion and for calendar management, tracking and reporting results.
- Act as the day-to-day project manager for all assigned events and programs to ensure high-quality events/programs that meet or exceed specific participant/attendance and revenue/budgetary goals within the established time frames.
- Assist with vendor relations, venue selection and contractual obligations.
- Work with internal clients on event day logistics (catering, AV, registration/nametags, signage, etc.).
- Maintain organizational events calendar, events lead forms and other event profiles.
- Provide day-of support for both on and off-site events.
- Manage registration intake, changes and website coordination as it relates to event registration. Maintain the integrity of the registration database, generate necessary reports, including data analysis, registration figures and percentages, nametags and rosters, etc. and coordinate all correspondence such as confirmation reports and emails, follow-up information, invoices, etc.
- Work in partnership with Events and Marketing team to support large scale GCP events.
- Organize site visits and identify appropriate event venues based on event needs and in alignment with program budgets.
- Explore methods of adding value to programs/events.
- Work in collaboration with sponsorship team to ensure proper recognition of sponsors at events.
- Use input from surveys, evaluations, first-hand feedback and market intelligence to continue to grow and improve existing COSE/GCP events/programs and mold and develop new events/programs.
- Communicate with speakers and panelists for programs & events including the gathering and filing of bios, headshots, and logos.
- Ensure all pertinent speaker and event information is posted to the website.
- Assist with selection, development and implementation of speakers for education events.
- Assist with the management of pertinent events related website properties, ie posting podcasts, videos, research items or articles, event pictures/wrap up information.
- Schedule meetings as required for facilitators, panelists and presenter.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing communications or related field.
- Three to five years related work experience
- Long-term and short-term planning skills
- Experience managing events from small to large scale
- Strong, demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service/account executive mindset and proven experience
- Ability to manage multiple clients and multiple projects, prioritizing workload as needed
- Ability to manage external resources
- Proficiency in basic use of social media, content management and email deployment
- Strong technology skills including high proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including: Word, Excel, and Outlook, Adobe Products including: Acrobat and InDesign and Keynote for Mac
- Experience working with a customer relationship management system a plus
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.