Sr Manager, IS Data Governance Operations Management
Posted on May 4, 2021 by US Cellular
Sr Manager, IS Data Governance Operations Management - INF001528
The Sr. Manager, IS Data Governance Operations Management leads a technology team that is responsible for the data governance management environment that supports the collection of enterprise data and the injection of data and creation of metadata into the Data Governance Platform. This role develops strategy and ensures execution of effective data governance for the UScellular enterprise data environment. Additionally, this person will need to understand industry standard methodologies and apply those to our governance framework, ensuring our data sources are highly accurate, and widely available for analytics consumption and decision making. Lastly, the leader of this group is responsible for the creation, execution and maintenance of the annual ($2-5 million) CapEx and ($2-4 million) OpEx budgets to support the enterprise databases, API, Kafka, and Hadoop environments.
- Leads Product Management of the Enterprise Data Governance Metadata and API Environment, including driving strategy, prioritization and governance.
- Develops management & governance standards for all major performance metrics and API management systems across the enterprise. Maintain, update, and refine metadata repositories and data catalogs that outline the meaning of our data and track its lineage. Define and deploy suite of tools for data management & governance.
- Owns vendor relationship and budget management for all the technologies owned by this group, which includes vendor selection, pricing negotiations, contract management, problem resolution and critical issue management, for HW/SW/Services purchases.
- Collaborates closely with the Architecture and Delivery Planning groups to understand enterprise initiatives and handle improvement requests and changes from the business. Lead planning for resulting projects and implications to data governance, Big Data, API platform and database requirements for enterprise functions.
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with the Enterprise Architecture, Delivery Planning and Intake groups, Business teams and the Enterprise Tools and Data Strategy Leads, to frame the priority and focus of the Data Governance, Database Management, API Delivery, Big Data implementations, while supporting the holistic enterprise tools strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent work or military experience.
- 8 years of leadership experience in an application, database management or tools development
- Demonstrated experience in vendor/budget management with strong influencing / negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Hadoop, Relational Databases, Bigdata and SCRUM/Agile Methodology.
- Good interpersonal / relationship management, verbal and written skills.
- Master's Degree and/or 5 Years Leadership in Telecom Industry.
- Experience with erwin's Data Governance, and/or Data Intelligence product suite, Oracle, Postgres, COGNOS, Tableau, SAS, and Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in implementing data quality guidelines, standards and procedures.
Job : Information Technology
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.