IT Applications Lead/Project Manager
Posted on May 4, 2021 by NES IT
23 May 2021
IT Applications Lead/Project Manager - Permanent - Lillo, Belgium
Essential:- Fluent in Dutch and English. Extensive experience with core software applications for manufacturing, plant management, laboratory and knowledge management. University degree in computer systems design or computer science or equivalent experience with 10 years' work experience. Multiple years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management. Proven experience in overseeing the development, and implementation of software solutions. Hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
Opportunity to be part of one of the largest construction projects undertaken.
IT Applications Lead/Project Manager Purpose of the Role:
To supervise and maintain the organization's repository of software applications through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of a technical team.
The IT Applications Lead/Project Manager is also responsible for planning, design, development, and deployment of information and software systems for business operations. Develop and communicate training and documentation for end users, hold clinics as necessary, and other user-related activities. Develop, distribute, and coordinate in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
IT Applications Lead/Project Manager Skills/Competencies
- University degree in computer systems design or computer science or equivalent experience with 10 years' work experience.
- Multiple years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
- Proven experience in overseeing the development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
- Extensive experience with core software applications for manufacturing, plant management, laboratory and knowledge management
- Willing and flexibility to travel.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Technically fluent in programming languages.
- Good project management skills and/or substantial exposure to project-based work structures.
- Excellent understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Fluent written and spoken in Dutch.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
IT Applications Lead/Project Manager will have the following key accountabilities:
Acquisition & Deployment
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Manage application implementation projects, including coordination of work done by 3rd parties.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Analyse documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Ensure that any new software integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Design, develop, and install application enhancements and upgrades.
- Coordinate feasibility studies for software and system products under consideration for purchase, and give advice based on findings.
- Contribute to pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Liaise with company's software suppliers for prompt rectification of any problems or emergencies.
- Manage and provide direction for the application team in support of business operations.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic, and data processing.
- Compile and maintain inventory of company software and systems assets and their corresponding contracts/agreements.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Belgium
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.