Medical Affairs Systems Team Lead
Posted on May 3, 2021 by Aerotek
For our client, one of the most prominent pharma companies in Basel, we are looking for a Medical Affairs Systems Team Lead. The person will be joining the Medical Affairs systems team which is one of two teams within the Commercial and Medical Affairs Systems organization. Its main purpose is partnering with the Global Medical Affairs and the EU/Canada Medical Affairs function within the business organization to drive the digitalization of the corresponding business areas worldwide.
- Support strategic planning, design, development and rollout of the information systems and related processes in full alignment with global, and adapt those systems to local/regional market and regulatory specificities
- Advise business leaders on the implications of IT-enabled change and work with them to mitigate business risk and deliver a positive user experience
- Develop strategic relationships across Medical Affairs teams and seek to proactively identify ways for Global Information Services to contribute to achieving and exceeding business objectives and drive the delivery of innovative business solutions to our Scientific Share of Voice (SSoV)
- This function requires in-depth technical competencies in Medical Affairs systems with equally advanced knowledge of the Medical Affairs business processes
- In this function the person needs to capture and translate business requirements into technical solutions, shielding the users from the technical complexity
- The complexity is also driven by varying needs of the different markets in the practices of approaching HCP and patients
- Another driver of complexity is the necessity of having excellent communication skills while also being skilled in operational management and negotiating with colleagues across the business in global and market based teams
- In addition, complexity is driven through the necessity to ensure that the Medical technology ecosystem serves to enable successful delivery of our overall launch strategy
Reach and global scope:
- This function interacts with Medical Affairs teams and senior management worldwide, and corresponding regional functions, including affiliates management
- This function has also an extensive interaction with strategic vendors, partners and external and internal auditors
- Master degree in business/IT or equivalent industry experience
- 10 or more years of professional experience in the area of Commercial, Medical Affairs and Marketing with minimum 5 years in the pharmaceuticals industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in IT management including budgeting, people management, project management and technical development
- Technical skills:
- Strong knowledge of Medical Affairs business processes in the Pharmaceutical industry
- Strong knowledge of CRM tools and practices
- Strong knowledge of Digital engagement tools
- Advanced knowledge of Customer Master Data management and related regulations in the various markets
- Knowledge of Computer System Validation and regulatory requirements in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Leadership skills:
- Strategic thinking and program management capabilities to deliver value to the Medical Affairs business units through effective and innovative use of technology for both internal (eg commercial, medical and marketing) business partners and with external (eg CSOs, healthcare professionals, patients) stakeholders and organizations
- Relationship and people management skills:
- Ability to network and leverage strong internal and external resources and expertise to understand business challenges and opportunities and deliver relevant IT solutions
- Demonstrate strong stakeholder's management skills, including interaction with the global and local Sales and Marketing senior management
- Strong team leadership and people management skills with evidence of creating high performing teams and delivering operational excellence
- Experienced in leading cross-functional and multicultural team in a global environment
What our client offers:
- Exciting opportunities for development and professional growth within our dynamic organization
- A collaborative and solution-oriented environment where you can make a difference
- An innovative and open culture in a truly multicultural environment
- A competitive salary and generous social benefits
If this role speaks to you, please contact me directly at (see below)
Aerotek, an Allegis Group company. Allegis Group AG, Basel, Switzerland. Registration No. CHE-101.865.121. Aerotek is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to the website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield.