Hardware Assistant for multinational client in Amsterdam
Posted on May 3, 2021 by infeurope S.A.
We are looking for a Hardware Assistant (M/F/D) for multinational client in Amsterdam
Expected tasks and deliverables by the Consultant
- Deploy and/or restore operation of hardware, Laptops/PCs, smartphones, telephone and assorted peripherals;
- Provision of technical support for hardware (laptops, desktop equipment and other peripherals).
- Checking of computer equipment and application(s) in meeting and training rooms in advance of a scheduled meeting;
- Assistance for external delegates and other visitors;
- Support and assistance to staff in the preparation of USB pen drives/external storage devices, CDs and DVDs and the maintenance of the required equipment;
- In coordination with the expert service support team carry out Software and firmware upgrades;
- Perform Ad hoc equipment repairs;
- Fix small malfunctions;
- Report to servicing companies major errors and keep track of visit repairs and log all communications.
Educational and experience
- Secondary Education attested by a diploma and at least 3 years of professional experience as IT Service Desk Assistant
- Minimum ITIL V3 foundation certification or higher
- CompTIA A+ Technical PC or similar certifications would be an advantage.
- Previous experience using a document management system;
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office;
- Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications such as MS Office, Windows 7 and 10, Internet Explorer v.11 and/or later, Adobe suite;
- Good patience and an ability to provide training and guidance;
- Working knowledge of operating systems and software applications such as Mac OS X;
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural team and good communication skills in English - level C1 (effective operational proficiency or advanced)
- Good understanding of IT security and best practices;
- Previous IT Service Desk experience;
- Previous customer service experience;
- Team player with a willingness to offer and provide help to non-technical users;
- The ability to work in unusual situations, flexibility and a willingness to undertake tasks not directly related to the job description;
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation
- Ability to handle a constantly changing flow of traffic
- Working knowledge of common operating systems and software applications;
- Ability to provide support over the phone; good phone skills,
- In-depth knowledge of any other COTS packages;
- Previous experience using Atlassian JIRA Service Desk management tool;
infeurope is a Luxembourg-based IT service provider, designing, developing and managing multilingual information and documentary systems in many application areas and business sectors. For more than 38 years we have delivered IT systems and solutions, and IT consultancy and staffing services, to our clients in Luxembourg and across Europe.