PySpark/Python Developer - Data Engineer
Posted on May 3, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
PySpark/Python Developer - Data Engineer - Long term contract for an experienced developer to join a global team on a major project. (Remote work possible).
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering application development using Spark, preferably in an enterprise environment
- Proficiency in Python/PySpark and SQL/Spark SQL, as well as strong understanding of reusable software design patterns
- Hands-on experience in building big data/data engineering applications, preferably on Azure Databricks, using continuous integration tools like Azure DevOps
- Experience in Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics
- Practical experience in applying an agile way of working and in applying DevOps methodologies
- Languages: English, fluent in written and spoken
- Designing, building and test batching a scalable data processing infrastructure
- Performing data profiling and analysis to assess data quality patterns, recommending data cleansing rules, conforming data standard rules and matching algorithms
- Collaborating closely with Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Engineers to improve processes, and implement methods and features supporting a shared technical vision
- Monitoring data platform on a regular basis and making recommendations to enhance system architecture
- Contributing to shared data engineering tooling and standards to improve productivity
- Participating in the ongoing innovation, testing and use of tools used by the team to improve processes and bring scale
Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Ref.Nr.: BH 16929
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.