Application Architect - BELUX
Posted on May 3, 2021 by Contracts IT Ltd
Application Architect - BELUX
Remote during Covid-19
EU Citizens only
We are looking for a Senior Application Architect who will take a leading role in the design and development of large applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for -
- Designing and coordinating architecture implementation;
- Defining, assessing and coordinating architecture projects and designing architecture building blocks;
- Coordinating the technical implementation and as such lead a team of architects;
- Delivering high-level and low-level designs;
- Aligning and integrate multiple architectures, layers and perspectives;
- Advising on architecture frameworks and methods;
- Defining and measuring architecture indicators (maturity, implementation, etc.);
- Ensuring Interoperability;
- Identifying potential reuse;
- Performing cost-benefit analyses;
- Designing and assessing Identity and Access Management and Master Data Management solutions;
- Performing Business Analysis and contributing to the Functional, Technical, Security and Testing Specifications;
- Ensuring that the architecture is maintained and adapted to changes and developments;
- Verifying that changes to the system are feasible within the architectural framework;
- Performing studies and proposing design solutions in relation to changes and new requirements. This includes also managing system integration and any modelling needed.
Reports to: Programme management
- He/she will be based in Belgium or Luxembourg Office and will represent in front of the consortium and in front of the customer;
- He/she will need to travel to Strasbourg to meet the customer twice a month and to Poland (Wroclaw or Bydgoszcz) to meet the development teams at least once every 3 months;
- Employment and technical Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in ICT;
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of large distributed systems with emphasis on highly availability, high performance, high level of security and zero data loss
- Mastering of Java (a background in development is a must);
- Proven experience with stream-processing software platforms is a must (eg KAFKA)
- Mastering Sparx Enterprise Architect tool;
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture;
- Mastering of UML;
- TOGAF Certified;
- ArchiMate Certified;
- Understanding of development + infrastructure (hardware, virtualization, cloud, openshift, redhat, etc.);
- Must be details oriented, analytical, and demonstrate ability to work in multinational environments;
- Must be self-directed with proven ability to make mature decisions supported by thorough data analysis;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Very good writing skills in English;
- Working experience with EU client or other public institutions is an added value;
- Awareness of biometrics systems and text search engines is an added value.
- EU Secret PSC is required for the function (process will be initiated upon hiring).
Start date: As soon as possible;
Please send your CV to Navaid and call to discuss further.
We are an equal opportunities employment agency and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We champion difference in the world of technology recruitment and work with clients who actively wish to diversify their talent force - ALL applicants welcome to apply