Posted on May 3, 2021 by Whitehall Resources Ltd
Whitehall Resources are currently recruiting for a Data Engineer for a 6 month contract based in Stockholm, Sweden.
You will be working as a developer/data engineer within the Analytics & Automation team. Your responsibilities range from preparing, analysing, developing, massaging large amounts of data in varying structure, flows and complexities and create insights that contribute to the clients Strategy Solution and Analytics & Automation Center of Excellence. You will be a designer and implementer of key metrics and analytics for various products and services at our client. These metrics will be used to understand and drive efficient sales and operation customer success and best practices. Business decisions will be made from insights gained through the intelligent analysis of data. You will help in day-to-day tasks by developing data pipelines with sound knowledge and hands-on experience in AWS stack. Furthermore, you will take on ETL related tasks when procuring new data sources and help product owner, data scientist and business stakeholder with data prep and exploration activity. At time, you will be expected to work with multiple use case running in parallel, so context switching is a constant.
What we are working on in team:
- Develop and maintain a data lake within AWS framework. We have created an automated, scalable flow of ingesting vast amount of data and provide flexibility in how data is consumed and produced.
A dashboard client built in React that we develop and maintain for internal usage (visualizing data from the data lake).
- Collaboration with Data Science forum, work with Center of Excellence initiatives together with business stakeholders, develop PoC's/MVP's/do a feasibility study and also working with ML-initiatives within the organization
- Many other data crunching use cases for our internal stakeholders and customers Core stack/concepts:
- AWS (Lambda, Cloudwatch, Cloudformation, SQS, S3, Athena, Glue, Kinesis, Aurora, Dynamo etc...)
- Serverless development and Infrastructure as code
- Familiarity with ETL-processes and data pipelines
- Event-driven architecture
- ElasticSearch, Kibana
- Git experience
- Data driven mindset
Nice to haves:
- API Development
- Knowledge and understanding the Data security & governance
- Bash Scripting
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Knowledge in Business Intelligence tool
All of our opportunities require that applicants are eligible to work in the specified country/location, unless otherwise stated in the job description.