Construction Manager (w/m)
Posted on May 3, 2021 by RM IT Professional Resources AG
Construction Manager vacancy for a globally operating Valais based company in the pharmaceutical sector.
- 10+ years of experience in constructions programs within Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Industrial Engineering EPC projects
- 8+ years of experience in the construction industry related to construction management and overseeing manufacturing environments with a clear preference for pharmaceutical industry
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry practices and regulatory agency requirements including Swiss and European codes and standards
- Familiarity with local, cantonal and government legal compliance with regulatory certifications
- Strengths include excellent coordination and presentation skills including interacting with senior management, partners, contractors and employees
- Profound computer skills, especially using MS Office Suite
- Capability of documenting policies and procedures along with good negotiating skills
- Academic Degree in Engineering or a relevant Science based discipline including mechanical or Construction
- Languages: German and English, fluent in written and spoken
- Monitoring compliant construction execution and initiate corrective measures to mitigate risks
- Coordinating the construction staff, conducting construction site meetings and briefing contractors on construction site conditions while reviewing regular construction reports and forwarding them to the project manager
- Approving revisions to the construction schedule as well as work completion and acceptance certificates in cooperation with CQV, operations and contractors
- Implementing design changes in agreement with the technical team and project management
- Preparing and executing internal construction site audits as well as participating in inspections, including regular site inspections regarding EHS, progress and schedule aspects
- Confirming that the first-aid book is kept regularly and handed over to the medical service
- Ensuring adherence to construction contracts and their specifications by verifying acceptance of work and check acceptance records for each construction contract
- Coordinating "Completion Management" and monitoring the handling of punch lists and assisting with the collation of the final construction 'as-built' documentation
- Performing active Change Management towards contractors in cooperation with project management
- Leading the CM Team and ensuring alignment regarding capacity and availability throughout the project while assuring that "CEM" is implemented, known and communicated within the CM Teams
Location: Valais, Switzerland
Does this Spark your interest? Then take the next step by sending us your CV as a Word document and a contact telephone number on which you are reachable during working hours.
Going the Extra Mile.
As a preferred recruitment agency for Swiss banks, international insurances, finance service providers, software and pharma companies, we acquire exciting positions since 1998 in Zurich, Bern, Basel and other regions in Switzerland every day.
Due to work permit restrictions we unfortunately can only consider applications from EU or Swiss citizens as well as current work-permit holders for Switzerland.
New to Switzerland? In case of a successful placement, we support you with:
- All administrative questions
- Finding an apartment
- Health - and social insurance
- Work permit and much more
Thank you for your interest. By applying, you give us the permission to internally store and process your data for the application process. We strictly comply with the applicable data protection laws.