Blockchain Systems Administrator (REMOTE)
Posted on May 3, 2021 by Hadron Finsys GmbH
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Our client is looking for a Blockchain Systems Administrator to join their dynamic team - remotely. The client is a fintech company located in Zurich, Switzerland. They have multiple offices in different European cities.
- Act as the first responder on the alert operations team, and triage alerts when on call
- Debug issues based on contextual knowledge of node operations and our feeds
- Perform required system maintenance operations, including making sure nodes are always updated, functional and have sufficient balances
- Actively track and analyze blockchain network activity such as gas fees, upcoming forks, and upgrade
- 1+ years of sysadmin/DevOps experience or equivalent
- Experience running a blockchain node, knowing your way around the Ethereum ecosystem and using common blockchain Explorer and smart contract tools
- Experience interfacing with nodes and blockchain-related services via RPC and the command line
- Hands on experience with JSON
- Have a strong respect for security requirements and implications in a blockchain environment
- Experience with Scripting languages is a plus
- Experience supporting complex web applications/services and Back End APIs on an AWS stack
- Familiarity with alerting, monitoring, visualization frameworks such as Prometheus, ELK stacks
- An analytical thinker able to take a bigger picture view of the ecosystem
- Experience with Bash, and/or any Scripting languages is a plus.
Duration: 6 months with the possibility of extension.