Posted on May 2, 2021 by Williamsburg Landing
Williamsburg Landing, the area's only CARF-accredited Life Plan Community, seeks a Part-Time Lifeguard to join our Wellness Team.
Part-Time (less than 24 hours/week) employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Corporate Wellness Program
- Health Club & Spa Membership
- Employee Assistance Program
The Lifeguard, under the direction and supervision of the Director of the Health Club & Spa, is responsible for supervising all swimmers in and around the pool. Ensures safety of all those using the aquatic center. Ensures the pool, hot tub, and environs are properly maintained. All work is performed collaboratively with and in support of other services offered by Williamsburg Landing.
All work is performed within a resident-centered mode. Work is performed safely, effectively, to high ethical standards, and in accordance with Williamsburg Landing's mission and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ensures the safety of patrons through direct supervision of the aquatic area.
- Ensures that lap lanes are available for lap swimming during open swim times.
- Completes daily checklist of duties.
- Tests both swimming pool and hot tub water chemistry as scheduled daily. Records and posts pool temperatures, pH and chlorine levels for all pools.
- Conducts personalized pool orientations for members. Performs orientation of aquatic specific exercises and equipment. Instructs members about appropriate safety concerns.
- Monitors members' continual wellness goals/needs and when possible, facilitates services and/or programs to meet those goals/needs.
- Provides one-on-one assistance to members with special needs or when requested.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment. Performs designated cleaning assignments.
- Performs frequent visual inspections of equipment to ensure cleanliness.
- Inspects pool equipment and notifies Director of any problems.
- Inspects locker rooms and cleans as needed if no one is in the aquatic areas
- Develops relationships with members. Develop rapport by maintaining an open door to members.
- Ensures members and guests follow posted rules and policies.
- Answers questions and helps resolve member problems and conflicts. Informs Director of all problems and concerns.
- Follows established policies and procedures for Incident Reporting.
- Provides appropriate member updates to staff.
- Attends and fully participates in assigned committee meetings as well as other meetings as required/requested.
- Makes presentations to promote and educate residents, staff, members of the Health Club and prospective members.
- Complies with all Williamsburg Landing policies and procedures including those addressing conduct, dress, safety, and attendance.
- Evaluates work processes and methods and submits recommendations for continuous quality improvement.
- Attends scheduled training programs for professional development that includes, at a minimum, trainings required by Williamsburg Landing and by regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Certification as a Lifeguard and current CPR, AED and First Aid training. High school graduate preferred. Previous experience as a lifeguard in a recreational or therapeutic setting preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Able to safely provide physical assistance to anyone in distress in the area which may include providing CPR, AED, First Aid, or rescue from near-drowning. General knowledge of physical limitations of older adults is preferred. Knowledge of pool maintenance. Able to exercise sound judgment when under stress.
Apply online at Williamsburglanding.org
EOE/Tobacco Free/Drug Free