PHP/Laravel Developer - Remote
Posted on May 1, 2021 by MLR Associates
Our client, one of the leading and fastest growing software houses in Scotland, is currently looking to expand their Development Team with the addition of two permanent PHP/Laravel Developers. The role is fully remote and we welcome applicants based throughout Scotland.
You will be working with an enviable international book of clients in 25 countries and counting, on a wide range of projects within the marine, oil and gas, FMCG and facilities management industries. The business' products are some of the most widely used of their kind and you will be hands on in the full SDLC of these on a regular basis. They have invested millions in the design and development of multiple new suites of products that continue to be rolled out globally.
The role and what we're looking for:
- To develop new projects alongside the team
- To maintain and update Legacy applications
- Work closely with the Business Analyst and Lead Developer to gather requirements
- Enthusiastic to learn new technologies
- Embrace and support improvements and innovation in technologies/practices within your team that would benefit the business eg efficiency in the software development process or improved customer experience.
- Communicate effectively with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences to: share knowledge and ideas; provide updates; influence; challenge; and take on feedback.
Skills & Experience
- Ideally 2 years of experience working within the Laravel Framework.
- Experience of developing maintainable and scalable solutions
- A passion for development
- Proficient in GIT
- A good understanding of database design principles
- Knowledge of working with AWS services.
- Experience in developing APIs
- Developing Unit tests as part of TDD
- Ability to adhere to agreed working standards and practices
- Experience utilising continuous integration within projects
- Experience working with Front End frameworks such as Vue or Angular
The business genuinely invests in you and your development with paid on the job training. You will also benefit from 28 days holiday, 2 staff days out per year, a performance related bonus of up to 100% of your monthly salary and a matched pension of up to 8%. If this sounds like the next step in your career then apply today as interviews are currently taking place.