Gearbox Inspection Engineer (Wind Turbines)
Posted on May 1, 2021 by Cathcart Energy Associates
We are recruiting for an experienced Wind Turbine Gearbox Inspection Engineer to work on our clients Wind Farm assets in the UK.
The role will support the wider Technical Department and Asset Management teams, by providing expert support on the inspection of Wind Power Plant assets.
You will act as an expert Supporting and in some cases lead, inspections of wind turbine structural and mechanical components, including the use of Non-destructive testing techniques, feeding results back to the engineering team to maximise availability and the safe, efficient, and reliable operation of the UK portfolio.
This is a field-based role, working primarily across the UK fleet, but with possible occasional travel to European Windfarms, spending up to 80% of your time away from home.
You will ideally be an Authorised Wind Turbine Technician with a mechanical background and experience with Wind Turbine Main Components (Gearboxes, Main Bearings etc) and hold full GWO's. Candidates with demonstrable experience in a similar industrial/manufacturing sector may also be considered.
Experience with borescope inspections, lubrication sampling and an understanding of fault modes associated with Wind Turbines components are essential requirements, as are the following;
* Attention to detail and drive for high-quality results.
* Continuous Improvement mindset.
* Good level of computing literacy and ability to use mobile phone applications.
* Ability and experience of completing borescope inspections of gearboxes to a high standard.
* Strong understanding and demonstrable experienceof working with Wind Power Plant and the associated subsystems and components is essential.
* Experience of climbing wind turbines and working as an AT or AE under the Wind Turbine Safety Rules.
* Demonstratable experience of working in a strict Health and Safety environment.
* Drafting Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
* Understanding of the failure modes associated with wind turbine components, with a particular focus on the gearbox.
* Knowledge and experience of diagnosing gear and bearing defects to the relevant IEC standard.
* Basic understanding of the function of lubrication within rotating components and understanding of lubrication best practice, including lubrication storage and sampling.
* Comfortable with driving long distances.
This would be an ideal role for an established/authorised Wind Turbine Technician/Engineer looking to progress their career and work with autonomy for a leading Wind Power Generator.
For more information and to apply contact Hamza Jabir at Cathcart Energy, Edinburgh.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.