Senior Sustainability Consultant - Strategy
Posted on May 1, 2021 by Lewis Davey
Senior Sustainability Consultant
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Sustainability Strategy Consultant to join up with a rapidly expanding corporate real estate consultancy that largely works with corporate property occupiers.
This is great role for someone tiring of "corporate" life and interested in working in a more agile environment that includes benefits like "unlimited" holiday, where you decide how much time you need to take off.
Working with global corporates within the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500, the sustainability team deliver the development and subsequent programme management of sustainability strategies. This invariably requires the team to become "embedded" within client teams and understand not only the requirements but also the culture of the team and wider business.
We're looking for someone with broad experience of sustainability consulting and an ability to work with a variet of stakeholders including senior leaders, sustainability specialists, and regional real estate teams.
The role will involve:
• Developing & delivering global energy and sustainability strategies for global clients
• Aligning strategies with best practice frameworks, eg. net zero, science based targets, circularity etc
• Establishing energy and sustainability best practice, compliance, and consistent management principles
• Developing benchmarking tools and standards to understand performance and improvement areas
• Working with clients to develop best-fit data management structures, including data collation, analysis & reporting across Scope 1, 2 and all Scope 3 categories.
• Developing operating models and management structures to deliver targets & programmes
• Developing sustainable procurement targets & strategies
Additionally, as a Senior Consultant, your duties will include:
• Supporting the shaping and development of propositions & new client engagements
• Bringing innovation and analytical thinking to challenge existing ways of work, with a view to delivering accelerated benefits to clients in line with their culture and ethos.
• Identifying issues and form hypotheses and solutions to meet client requirements.
• Managing and developing stakeholder relationships at all levels.
• Leading and managing those within the team as required.
• Being actively involved with the business' sustainability strategy and other internal activities.
• Building up technical, commercial and financial expertise across the services the business provides.
The Ideal Candidate
• Strong technical expertise in all areas of sustainability within corporate real estate & wider professional services organisations
• Ability to present technical information to a non-technical audience and communicate clearly with our clients at all levels
• Masters degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent qualification by experience, eg. climate-related, real estate, engineering
• Detailed understanding of Science Based Targets and experience of developing associated targets.
• Detailed understanding of CDP and other disclosure frameworks such as GHG Protocol, CDSB, TCFD etc
• Experience in the implementation of global sustainability programmes, including energy efficiency
programmes, waste programmes, design standards, benchmarking tools, etc
• Experience supporting businesses in developing & implementing net zero real estate strategies in operations and/or construction
The skill set you will need to demonstrate in this role includes:
• The ability to work with different people and in teams
• The ability to think creatively and develop propositions
• The ability to develop and maintain a strong network
• Strong interpersonal and soft consulting skills
• Problem-solving and strategic planning ability
• Comfortable working in a growing business
• The ability to cope with pressure and challenges
• Ability to work independently