Principal Ecology Consultant
Posted on May 1, 2021 by Mattinson Partnership
Job Title: Principal Ecological Consultant
Location: Central London
Salary: 40,000 - 45,000
A boutique multidisciplinary environmental consultancy are looking for a motivated Principal Ecological Consultant to join their team in London. As an experienced consultant, you will be supporting the delivery of a diverse range of projects including unique urban biodiversity projects, such as green infrastructure strategy production and bespoke ecological monitoring of living roofs. This role would suit an experienced Senior Ecological Consultant who is looking to take a step up into a managerial position or an existing Principal Ecological Consultant.
Role & Company:
This role will see you managing complex ecology projects; many of which would involve multiple protected species in complex scenarios. As a Principal Ecological Consultant, you will be responsible for tender production, survey programming, financial management and client liaison. Alongside managing projects, the successful candidate would also be responsible for mentoring staff and undertaking technical reviews. The role would include outward facing support with the candidate inputting into business development and generation. Our client is a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy known for providing innovative and bespoke ecological solutions. With a wealth of experience across a range of sectors and through all stages of planning, development and corporate sustainability, the organisation is committed to maintaining a deep understanding of the built, natural and social environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
* A European protected species licence for bats and experience with EPSM licence preparation and delivery (desirable)
* A degree (MSc desirable) in a relevant scientific field (ecology, biology, environmental science or similar)
* MCIEEM (desirable)
* Excellent report writing skills
* Enthusiasm about nature conservation
* A full driver's licence with access to own car desirable
* Experience of line management and technical review responsibilities
* The availability to work flexible hours to support on ecology surveys
* Experience/knowledge of green infrastructure and working with urban biodiversity (desirable)
Please get in touch with Ben Quilter on or at if you would like to hear more about the role. I would be happy to share details on this opportunity or any others I am working on at the moment.