Head of Business Development, Corporate Energy PPAs
Posted on May 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Head of Business Development, Corporate Energy PPAs & Partnerships, Reading Berks, salary to 78,000 per annum + bonus + attractive benefits
This is an exciting opportunity with a leading distributed energy business who finance, own, operate and maintain energy infrastructure for corporate customers - they're focussed on growing their capability in local energy systems and corporate PPAs to large industrial corporates.
The sales and potential investment approach to these customers requires a highly sophisticated approach involving collaborative relationships, partnerships and Joint Ventures.
We're looking for a high calibre business development professional to lead a small team covering the UK and Ireland corporate energy market.
You'll have a broad understanding of distributed energy systems, including direct expertise in solar applications, storage and embedded generation, plus the ability to originate and close business within the market verticals (manufacturing, processing, retail and logistics). An appreciation of IoT platform / communication capabilities applied to energy is helpful too,
Candidates need to be flexible to cover the UK and Ireland. This role will have responsibility to coordinate a small UK wide team focused on the target market and will carry an annual team target and an individual sales quota/target. You will be expected to take ownership of and lead the larger more complex strategic deals, that are generally multi-site relationships or significant single projects.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities, managing client and wider stakeholder relationships and closing deals, supporting bid and development teams to secure contracts and partnerships with target organisations. The role will involve bringing together areas of different expertise and working with internal stakeholders, experts and external partners to ensure the proposition is scoped and developed in line with customers' needs.
Essential skills and experience
* Highly experienced in the UK or EIRE energy sector with proven direct experience operating in the Industrial market, you will be able to evidence building and managing a successful sales team in this market.
* Able to articulate and demonstrate experience of market influence and creating partnerships, forming joint ventures or special purpose vehicles to achieve scale and speed in the market with strong commercially and with sound judgement.
* Good working knowledge of principal forms of contract, energy infrastructure development, forms of PPA and the formation of special purpose vehicles.
* Experience of developing budgets and building sales plans to deliver against strategic objectives, including target setting within an individual contributor and team sales environment.
* Expert at creating and driving client engagement plans and influencing at a senior level towards a desired outcome and highly experienced networker and relationship manager.
* Excellent understanding of EU and UK policy frameworks.
* Experience communicating complicated projects internally to gain approval through governance processes and resource planning across a complex project to fully understand potential cost of project.
* Experience of solution / consultative selling and building bespoke value propositions with customers across a complex range of technology and solutions.
Basic salary (negotiable based on experience and value) likely in a range to 78,000 per annum + bonus, car allowance and very attractive benefits.
We are open to applications from high calibre operators at higher salary levels if you can bring appropriate value.