Assistant Technical Analyst - storage and EV infrastructure
Posted on May 1, 2021 by Igloo3
Assistant Technical Analyst - battery storage and EV infrastructure, UK Wide (mix of remote work, office and site visits) 18,000 - 30,000 + bonus
This is an exciting new role with a high growth UK market leader.
The company provide a fully integrated EV solution to commercial fleet operators; they supply and finance the electric vehicles, charging infrastructure, batteries, and also provide bespoke software to manage and optimize the assets.
The rapidly growing company are looking for adaptable, highly motivated, and talented individuals to join their team. The chosen candidate will be given significant opportunities to develop their careers early-on, with the potential for equity participation.
The role could suit a relatively new graduate engineer or someone with a few years' relevant experience - hence the salary range.
Renewable Energy, Electrical or M&E engineering backgrounds will be particularly useful but you can be considered if you have a keen interest in the sector and a very strong technical affinity combined with an enthusiastic approach.
The initial role will be to assist the Technical Sales Director in the early development of projects both from a sales and engineering perspective. The day to day tasks may include
• Understanding client requirements and any site specific potential risks
• Assist in the engineering technical solutions to overcome potential issues
• Liaise with Distribution Network Operators (DNO's) by applying for capacity increases or understand any grid constraints
• Liaise with equipment manufacturers to better understand products coming to market
• Be able to carry out tender take-offs in order to support pricing models
• Liaising with sub-contractors
• Making changes to layouts using design software such as CAD or Sketchup
• Note taking in meetings and distributing meeting minutes
• Identify opportunities to improve best practices within the organisation.
• Help prepare Request for Tender documentation and route questions to the appropriate member of the team, track queries and answers consistently during the process
Essential skills & Experience
• Good understanding of construction build progress
• String technical back ground, preferably electrical engineering
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
• Proven administrative experience in organising and creating project documentation and reports as well as responding to emails on behalf of other individuals
• Fluency in English is essential
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Pragmatic, proactive and solution driven
• Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects at once
• Ability to be flexible with working locations which will be a combination of working from home, the office in London and your project locations. During the Covid-19 pandemic the office is closed except for special circumstances
• Previous experience working on renewable energy industry is preferable
• Experience liaising with subcontractors
• Knowledge of the UK EV and/or public transport and/or construction and/or energy landscape
• Previous experience in a client-facing role
• Ability to use CAD or other design software
• Anything else the applicant believes can be of use within a small yet fast growing organisation like the company
Salary in the range 18,000 - 30,000 depending on experience and value
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £75k Annual
£65k - £65k Annual
£65k - £65k Annual
£16.2k - £35k Annual