Planning Project Manager Onshore Wind
Posted on May 1, 2021 by Cathcart Energy Associates
Planning Project Manager needed to join an established development team with our client in the UK Onshore Wind Sector.
The role will involve direct Project Management of the various aspects of early stage/greenfield wind farm development, including site identification, EIA and consent and landowner/stakeholder negotiations, through to delivery of site for construction.
Although not a Line Management role, you will be expected to encourage and contribute to the professionally development of junior members of the team and on occasion help with other departments to aid the delivery of projects to the highest standard.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of planning and optimising Onshore wind projects. A good knowledge and understanding of the factors and issues around EIA applications and planning is essential. Further role requirements include;
* Some autonomy in developing a project or projects (i.e. has visibility of the longer-term process), including contributing to the strategy and budget for successful delivery
* With Function Head, identify resourcing needs, key milestones and potential barriers to success of project
* Lead regular project meetings to manage delivery and provide updates to Function Head
* Be responsible for maintenance of Project Registers and liaise with other areas of the Business
* Develop and deliver excellent community engagement and investment opportunities, with support from Communities Team
* Coordinate and build positive relationships with external consultants and contractors
* Encourage the learning and development needs of colleagues
* Ability to lead on complex large-scale projects
* Have a broad technical knowledge over the development process; and/or
* Technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas, providing the expertise in this area within the team:
* Negotiation and securing land interests
* GIS/Technical data skills
The client is a respected Renewable Energy Developer, with a community and family orientated ethos, and the successful candidate will be joining at a time of exciting growth for the company. This is a long-term position with the opportunity for professional development.
Salary will be competitive and dependant on experience and the working rota will be tailored to suit the current market, with partial remote/home working a permanent fixture, as well as private healthcare, life insurance/critical illness cover and pension.
For more information and to apply, please contact Hamza Jabir at Cathcart Energy, Edinburgh.