Senior Systems Engineer- Windows
Posted on Apr 30, 2021 by Michael Bailey Associates - Zurich
Michael Bailey Associates are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer- Windows for a client within the Investment& Asset Management based in Zug.
In this interesting and challenging role, you will be maintaining and developing the on-premise and future cloud IT infrastructure. This role is tailored to an all-rounder, with a strong system engineering background, looking for the challenge of dealing with many different technologies, such as infrastructure, security and cloud. You will lead projects and implementations, apply consideration for information security and business continuity matters, and create the required documentation.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- You will operate and develop Active Directory, including the required connectivity, operation, and development of Azure AD
- You will support, maintain and develop our predominantly Microsoft based server environment, based on NetApp Unified Storage and VMware vSphere, considering aspects such as security, redundancy, disaster recovery and compliance requirements
- You will work with security solutions, deal with network security, analyze security issues, maintain and develop existing security systems
- You will lead projects, evaluate solutions and products, including testing and implementation, and apply the required information security consideration
- You will plan and execute maintenance windows and disaster recovery testing and you will adapt documentation as required
- Collaboration with business stakeholders
- Project and implementation coordination with the System Engineering team, the Data & Application Engineering team and Service Desk
- 3rd level support/escalation to a third-party vendor
- On-call service and travel to other offices if required
Your experience & background:
- Proven knowledge of Active Directory and Powershell, including AzureAD
- Solid knowledge in the area of VMware vSphere hypervisor and Unified Storage, preferably NetApp
- Experience with backup and archiving solutions, such as NetApp SnapCenter and SnapMirror, Veritas Backup Exec and Enterprise Vault
- Experience with network security and network segregation, preferably Fortinet Fortigate
- Good understanding of common cloud standards, specifically Microsoft Azure and Microsoft SaaS solutions
- Structured and process-oriented working style with the ability to work on several projects and tasks concurrently is expected
- Good soft skills such as team player, reliability, attention to detail, a high level of self-driven motivation and good customer service skills are required
- Any of the following knowledge or experience would be an advantage: Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktop, Citrix ADC/Netscaler, Microsoft Exchange, web and Data Loss Prevention solutions
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.