Full Stack Developer - Fully Remote up to £100k
Posted on Apr 30, 2021 by Caspian One Ltd
My client is looking for strong software engineers at all levels to join their growing tech team. They are heavily backed by Tier 1 Banks and Financial institutions. They have cemented their UK operations and business and are now expanding across Europe - creating exciting go-to market projects (new builds, new products, new markets and new technology). This is a full stack role utilising NodeJS in the Back End and React in the Front End. This role will encompass a great deal of greenfield work.
*Roles available from Graduate to Principal level*
- Specialist Front End or Back End engineer but have a passion for tech in general and are willing to get involved where needed to deliver. You're happy building and fine tuning development environments. You can guide others on tooling.
- You see your work as part of the team's overall plan, and within that you're happy driving your own projects or supporting team members with theirs. You want to give your best and get the best out of people.
- The work you do will be highly visible inside the company and almost certainly externally. There is a very short feedback loop and while extremely rewarding it is challenging. Everyone will want you to succeed.
- You value getting things right and go above and beyond to make sure they do. Challenge the requirements, assess the impact beyond your immediate responsibility, make sure we have the right level of repeatable tests. Automate. Monitor. Share.
- Deploy - mainly container based using EKS on AWS but with some EC2 and some spreadsheets. Kubernetes experience would be nice.
- Local development environments are a mix of Docker Compose and KIND with a move towards the latter - if you have experience making engineers more efficient then you will be loved. Tilt.
- We have a mix of React and Vue. The UI library isn't imposed - we're learning and adapting. Next, Nuxt etc. Mix of NestJS and Express.
- Experience building REST/GraphQL APIs
- Experience with building and managing pipelines across any CI/CD platform
- Microservices all the way but like everyone else we're discovering how best to do that (and not) all the time.
- We're mainly NodeJS but I wouldn't be surprised to see some change in this space in the medium term. We will definitely be doing more Python as we grow the data platform.
- Competitive Salary
- Equity Options
- Private Healthcare
- Annual discretionary Bonus
- Cycle to Work Scheme