Interim Head of BI & Data
Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by Marlin Hawk
My insurance sector client is seeking a Head of Business Intelligence and Data to manage and develop the existing BI Function as it enters a significant period of transition.
The role will require deep and detailed understanding of BI technologies coupled with well-established team and project management skills to effectively manage the decommissioning of the existing BI applications while working in partnership with the program delivering the new BI technologies aligned with the strategic vision.
The successful candidate will;
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the business to understand their current and future needs to ensure BI strategy is aligned and can deliver effectively against these needs.
- Line management of BI architects and BI engineers providing leadership, motivation and control to ensure that they deliver on their objectives.
- Act as the principal contact in BI for the Executive and all relevant business functions internationally in providing BI analysis to assist management in making informed decisions.
- Foster effective relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders and wider business, making sure that their expectations are fully managed.
- Provide subject matter expertise, input and support to programmes and projects impacting IT, including new business.
- Provide BI subject matter expertise, input and support to programmes and projects impacting IT, including new business.
- Extensive experience in senior BI management/leadership role
- Best in class stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Highly technical, detailed orientated and hands-on operator with extensive experience of delivering large, complex BI/Data Warehousing programmes.
- Experience with Snowflake and Data Vault 2.0
- Evidenced successful project management.
- Excellent presentational skills and able to articulate and get support for the strategic vision.