Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by CV-Library
Join us as Financial Analyst with our prestigious client EDF
(Bristol, Full-time, Permanent)
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever – and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
Why Join EDF?
EDF UK and Ireland have 36 wind farms and a battery storage unit that are already operational, and we want to build five times as much.
Over four nations and four technologies ( solar, onshore wind, offshore wind and battery) the next few years will see various projects being acquired, developed and built. We are growing rapidly.
It is very important that we are able to build a positive reputation and that we are a partner that can be trusted. We also want to promote the varied and interesting work we are doing.
The Role of a Financial Analyst
EDF has an exciting new opportunity for a Financial Analyst working on Hinkley Point C, one of Europe’s biggest infrastructure projects.
The HPC Financial Analyst provides direct support to the Financial Control Managers across HPC’s Programmes and Functions.
As part of the financial control team the Financial Control Analyst provides analytical support that enables the Financial Control team to provide challenge, assurance and reporting of financial performance to present a single version of the truth to the HPC leadership and external stakeholders
• Good at interacting with internal finance teams and with key stakeholders
• Handles stressful situations with composure and professionalism
• Good at developing and maintaining networks
• Good customer-focused business partnering skills and action orientated.
• Confident communication and presentation skills
• Good problem solving skills and ability to use both logic and intuition to derive solutions for both finance and the business.
• Good commercial acumen.
• Ability to manage activities with regular and tight deadlines.
• Commercially astute with good analytical skills
• Good knowledge of financial processes
• Own the monthly financial reporting cycle for relevant Programme and / or Functions including support to help deliver monthly accountability processes
• Facilitate the control of budgets and accruals
• Provide an effective business planning, financial monitoring and reporting service
• Challenge budget holders on financial performance and identify opportunities for cost savings
• Undertake and manage ad-hoc projects
• Validating data submissions for annual statutory accounts, corporation tax, VAT returns and other regulatory returns and provide necessary co-ordination with the HPC Project team to allow the timely and accurate completion of these returns and audit requirements
• Support project and programme managers with investment appraisal, in compliance with the EDF financial procedures.
· Qualified accountant (or currently studying) with recognised UK Professional Organisation (e.g. ACCA, ICAEW, ICAS, CIMA)
WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU AND WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATION
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£35k - £45k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual