Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by CV-Library
This is an exciting opportunity to develop a long-term career opportunity for someone to join a growing business who cares passionately about the environment and driving business to net zero.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience in the energy industry, including a background in a consulting environment . You will have a background in energy management or engineering (energy, mechanical, process) and a working knowledge of thermal and renewable energy technologies, including emerging technologies and ideally experience in the industrial, FMCG and utility sectors.
As a Senior Energy Consultant you will have knowledge and experience of the following areas:
·Providing technical expertise and advice in relation to energy efficiency improvements and in renewable and low carbon energy generation.
·Site-based assessments and opportunities identification, covering a full range of technologies including; CHP, renewables, waste to energy, HVAC, lighting, boiler and steam systems, refrigeration, compressed air and electrical, instrumentation and control systems.
·Due Diligence/technical feasibility assessment including technical and business case modelling.
·Energy auditing, energy and carbon footprinting and compliance reporting.
·Collection, analysis and interpretation of datasets/establishing baseline performance and monitoring and targeting protocols.
· Working knowledge of UK (and potentially international) energy legislation including SECR and ESOS requirements, ideally as lead assessor.
· On-site technical investigation for savings opportunities, including housekeeping, business operational change, industrial process efficiencies and low/zero carbon energy systems.
· Energy/carbon policy developments, energy markets and wider energy/sustainability issues.
As a Senior Energy Consultant you will recognise every candidate has their own unique set of skills and experience, we feel the idea candidate for this role should be able to demonstrate knowledge of, or have experience in the following skills and attributes:
· Managing and mentoring consultancy teams;
·Exceptional project management abilities;
· Excellent report writing and communication skills;
·Client management, proposal writing and business development;
· Ability to offer advice and guidance in a prompt, commercially-focussed and professional manner; and
· Working knowledge of HSE procedures and standards.
You will be able to manage own workload and a self-starter but also able to work in a team. You will have a full UK driving licence. You can be based in a variety of offices locations through the UK or be based remotely if required. You will be willing to travel with the UK and overseas as required from time to time to deliver the above areas of focus.