System Design Coordinator
Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by CV-Library
System Design Coordinator
Location: Bristol, Avon
Salary: Very Competitive, DOE
Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: 6-month PAYE Fixed Term Contract
The Ortec Group offers a high value-added engineering service. Founded on the expertise of engineers and technicians, combining knowledge of industrial sectors, field culture with more than 30 years’ experience, Ortec Engineering is 40 agencies in France, a presence on four continents and two offshore production centres.
Design engineering provides a varied foundation of complementary skills to meet a broad range of traditional technical engineering needs. To facilitate discussions and to be more responsive and available, the Ortec Group has chosen local offices: located as close as possible to our customers, they bring together all the trades involved in a given project in one place.
System Design Coordinator - The Role:
As part of the expansion of our Engineering and Projects activities, we are recruiting Engineers to support us in our growth in the Nuclear Energy sector.
We are looking for Engineers who have experience in the nuclear sector, either within the generation fleet, EPR nuclear new build (Olkiluoto, Flamanville, Taishan or Hinkley Point C), or other relevant nuclear site (Sellafield, ITER…)
Sonovision will provide a Training program based on ORTEC experiences in French Nuclear engineering if required.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Co-ordinate System design inputs for the different handovers (MEH, I&C, elec) and assess the maturity of the information provided regarding the system sequence and propose improvements/mitigations where necessary
• Co-ordinate system engineer support to CEL in discussion with supplier to ensure supplier feedback is acceptable for system
• Co-ordinate system engineer support to layout and civil team for 2D/3D consistency and ensure layout constraints are properly considered in the system activities
• Proactively raise warnings/alerts to the building manager and discipline manager where there are scheduling/delivery/technical risks.
• Support or pilot various technical transverse topics in coordination with Systems group leader/technical leads
Support technically and maintain a clear overview of outstanding OPs, upcoming DCs, system design risks which could affect overall system/building delivery.
• Identify/communicate the systems related IDT/OP/DCs to the Building team with which milestone they impact (system and others)
• Support the systems production and in particular for complex technical topics or for deliverables with strong interfaces
• Perform Peer / technical checking for deliverables depending on level of experience in required skills and delegation scheme within the Discipline.
• Maintain a good visibility of the transverse team’s current resourcing and future pipeline, raising resource conflicts to the Group Lead or Discipline Manager as appropriate.
• Participate to mentoring of newcomers and less experienced engineers throughout System design activities
System Design Coordinator - The right candidate will have the following skills and background:
• Mechanical / Process Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
• Minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience
• Knowledge of EPR system design principles
• Knowledge of HVAC of fluid systems design
• Delivery focus approach and ability to meet commitments and deadlines
• Ability to build a strong, collaborative relationship with a variety of external stakeholders
• Ability to set, achieve, and maintain high standards of safety and quality
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Eligible to live and work in the UK
• Fluent English
• Experience in nuclear engineering and new nuclear build projects
• Knowledge of EPR engineering process
• Understanding and implementation of project engineering procedures
• Understanding of Safety Case construction and Nuclear Safety requirements placed on systems
Candidates must successfully undergo UK Security Vetting before they can be appointed.
Please note: We are not offering sponsorship or a relocation package for this role. We always welcome international candidates to apply providing they are eligible to work and live in the UK.
If you feel you have the relative skills & experience necessary to be successful within this role then click on ‘APPLY’ today forwarding a recent copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No Agencies Please