Platform Engineer (INSIDE IR35)
Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by Sanderson Government & Defence
Role: Junior Platform Engineer
Duration: 3 - 6 months
Rate: £500 - £590 per day
- Appetite for learning new technologies
- Experience debugging complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
- Extremely sound knowledge of Linux/Windows.
- Deep knowledge, and preferably certification, for designing & implementing either AWS, Azure or Google Compute services, leveraging infrastructure as code
- Experience, and ideally certification, in either Red Hat Ansible or Hashicorp Terraform;
- Reasonable fluency in at least one of: Ruby, Go, Python
- Strong understanding of CI environments and how they facilitate the automation process with other orchestration tools.
- Ability to build and maintain CICD pipelines and underlying infrastructure;
- Strong understanding of the cost drivers of cloud services.
- Strong and demonstrable experience of migrating workloads to cloud platforms and integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery environments;
- Experience of using container and orchestration services such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with application and infrastructure management, monitoring and logging systems particularly Prometheus, Grafana, Splunk and integrations with Slack and Teams;
- Proven experience working as a team lead using Agile methodologies;
- Strong client-facing skills with excellent communication capabilities, including the ability to develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation.
- Good communication skills both in written and verbal format with the ability to convey complex technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Ability to converse with both internal and external stakeholders, holding the appropriate level of conversation at all times
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£400 - £540 Daily
£400 - £434 Daily