Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by Humanics, LLC
Our client, Kalcor Coatings Company, is seeking a CHEMIST for its location in Willoughby, OH. Started in 1961, Kalcor Coatings Company is A Right Size Company designing and manufacturing customized coatings and paint products to meet our customers' specific needs.
Our primary goal is to be a successful developer/producer/marketer of high-performance coatings with a deserved reputation for integrity, responsibility, and competence in its treatment of employees, customers, suppliers, community and the public at large.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this position has the following responsibilities:
- Perform specialized and advanced analyses, testing, and formulation of new and existing coating products and requirements.
- Perform small batch/sample manufacture, color matching, and testing. Assist in developing and specifying processes for coatings scale-up and manufacture.
- Evaluate new and existing raw materials for product improvement, availability, and/or cost benefits.
- Prepare reports and documents detailing project design, results, and conclusions; recommend additional actions or research.
- Support existing product lines via internal and external customer interaction, including technical service visits.
- Perform daily housekeeping of laboratory and associated areas, functioning within safety guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (science or engineering). Prior experience in a paint or chemical laboratory preferred. Or, a Bachelor's degree in an unrelated discipline with two to five years related experience in a paint or chemical laboratory. Will consider a combination of experience and education.
- Waterborne formulation experience preferred. Experience with UV technology, solvent-borne, and 2K component a plus.
- Familiarity with design of experiment approach (DOE) and the ability to design, document, report, interpret and present findings as well as design follow-up experiments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present information to a variety of people (ie customers, public groups, top management, and boards of directors).
- Ability to operate, maintain, and calibrate a variety of specialized test and lab equipment, including color spectrophotometer.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and prior experience with formulation/processing software, color analysis and matching programs, or willingness and ability to learn.
- Exceptional mathematical, problem solving, documentation and organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness and ability to travel to customer locations as needed. Valid driver's license and ability to be insured through the company's insurer.
- Candidates must be able to pass a color test, regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds, wear a fitted respirator and dust mask, and tolerate solvent odors and other chemicals used within the facility.
- Kalcor is a smoke-free, tobacco-free and vaping-free facility.
If you are looking for a work environment that expects high quality work, professional conduct and respectful consideration for customers and coworkers alike, and you possess the skills and competencies for the Chemist position, we would like to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.