Lead GCP Consultant - £85K TO £100K
Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by Appoint Search Ltd
Lead GCP Consultant
An independent consultancy with deep expertise in all things data (think, strategy, integration, migration, governance, quality, and architecture) are looking to hire a Lead GCP Consultant.
As a GCP Consultant, you will be taking the lead for new and existing clients to formulate their data management strategy and migration to the Google Cloud Platform, primarily in the areas of data warehouse modernisation and machine learning.
We are looking for an SME who can be a GCP lead and help drive client initiatives to deliver maximum business value.
The successful candidate will be proficient and have experience engaging with the C-level suite and other senior client stakeholders from both a technical and non-technical background and being hands-on internally with project and development teams.
You should have a technical background and demonstrate successful delivery of GCP data migration projects with large multi-national organisations. GCP certified and good working business relationships with Google personnel are a given, as is your ability to remain up to date about Google developments and how they are shaping the marketplace.
Along with the above, you will have experience designing successful approaches, leveraging industry best practice and help define what good looks like to help support the sales efforts, as is having commercial experience being able to price and produce solid business cases.
- Development of compelling cloud data modernisation and migration proposals and strategies for clients.
- Run Proof of Concepts to demonstrate business and technology value.
- Identify, scope and participate in the design and delivery of end-to-end cloud data platform solutions.
- Design data storage, movement, and orchestration solutions (ETL/ELT).
- Lead client engagements and support other teams members (who may have less experience).
- Employ industry best practice techniques to all client deliverables.
- Expert knowledge of all things GCP focusing on BigQuery, DataFlow, DataPrep, Cloud Data Fusion, Pub/Sub, Cloud Composer Airflow, amongst others.
- 10+ years experience in developing data warehouse/data lake solutions both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Involvement in multiple Cloud migration projects emphasising using the GCP stack, but the experience of other platforms (Azure, AWS and Snowflake) is highly desirable.
- Strong experience in delivering business transformation through data platform modernisation.
- Good data analysis and data manipulation skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills and an ability to present complex concepts well and in simple terms.
- Experienced in building excellent client relationships and stakeholder management.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proven team leadership experience.
- Experience in proposal and strategy creation.
- Exposure to sales processes.
- Experience in the Financial Services sector is highly desirable.
The company is great, supportive, professional and at the forefront of data governance.
For the foreseeable future, this will be a home-based role with all interviews to be carried out by video conference.
Hit the apply button and discover what's possible.