Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity Analyst III
Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Business Continuity Disaster Recovery Analyst III
Location: Lake Forest, IL or Chicago, IL (Merchandise Mart)
Remote 3 days 2 days on location. Must be a technical Disaster Recovery Analyst who can write Disaster Recovery plans and execute them. You will work with tools like Everbridge and MIR3 to read and follow mass emails and phone texts Emphasis is on Disaster Recovery. Must have good soft skills and be a good motivator and influencer. You will make sure all the areas of the company are up to date in their DR plans and following them and Business Continuity
- Determining and evaluating the current state of Business Continuity (BC), Crisis Management (CM), Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) planning within assigned Grainger GIS departments and help facilitate the improvement and maintenance of each of those plans, taking into account best practices, industry standards and critical areas of focus
- Implementation and maintenance of a Business Continuity Automated Notification system.
- Participate in testing and training exercises for all Grainger entities as defined by Executive Leadership.
- Support and improve BC/DR document repository.
- Identify changes required to improve BC/DR plans and validate those plan changes with live tests and tabletop exercises with various areas of the global business.
- Oversee and guide the creation of BC/DR Plan reviews throughout WWG to ensure necessary documentation is kept up to date.
- Participate in the testing and validation of these plans and work with teams to ensure they are viable and meet Internal Audit and regulatory compliance obligations.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of escalation procedures for Contact Center emergencies.
- Development and maintenance of BC/DR training programs for all WWG departments and locations.
- Serves as subject matter expert in providing advice to global business units regarding compliance with applicable frameworks including ISO 27001, ISO 22301, NFPA 1600, NIST Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) and standards including the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) as well as other frameworks and standards as required.
- Functions with a high degree of autonomy; generally, requires little or no guidance.
- Works on assignments where the business and technology problems, opportunities, and solutions may be somewhat unclear and the stakes and visibility are moderate, and the risk of failure is moderate.
- Business Process Modeling - Expert in most sub-business unit processes and working knowledge of other sub-BU processes. Able to effectively document and communicate them with key stakeholders
- Functional Configuration - Defines, performs, and documents complex functional configurations
- Use Cases/User Stories - In areas where a Portfolio Manager is not allocated. Writes stories and ensures integrity of stories across the sub-business unit. Writes and validates acceptance criteria within area of expertise. Grooms and maintains use cases.
- Logical Data Model - Identify opportunities for re-use and sharing
- Business Case (assistance) - Provides insight on backlog, prioritization, and additional potential opportunities
- Business Value Articulation - Helps to define business value for key activities or features. Shares BV with teams and stakeholders.
- End User Training Materials - Creates new training materials. Identifies need and integrates collaboration of cross functional training materials.
- Problem Solving - Ensures resolution at the root of the issue
- Communications - Assists in preparing communications to both inform and request action associated with delivering new capabilities and address problems.
- College degree or equivalent with emphasis on Computer Science courses
- BCCP (Business Continuity Certified Planner), BCCS (Business Continuity Certified Specialist) or BCCE (Business Continuity Certified Expert) preferred.
- Experience working with ISO 27001, ISO 22301 (or similar) security framework, OCTAVE, FAIR, NIST, NFPA, RMF standards in operational IT environment preferred
- Operational experience in applying risk frameworks to technologies (including cloud, containers) and continuous processes (including DevOps and Agile software deployment) very helpful