Software Quality Engineer
Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Software Quality Engineer. This position will be onsite in Chicago for 3 days a week and remote 2 days. This person needs to be able to write their own frameworks from scratch. They need to have come up through Java development and then got into customized automation. They need experience with Jenkins, Selenium, Docker, BigBucket, Git, Artifactory, etc. For automated tests they need to have experience with Java, C#, and knowledge of Python.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze system requirements to derive effective solutions for effective testing of both software components and integrated systems. Use business and technical development knowledge to propose high-level technical and procedural solutions. Deliver high-quality solutions and designs.
- Collaborate within cross-functional team to develop high efficiency testing script engines, execution frameworks, and verification reporting.
- Independently research and resolve highly complex technical problems.
- Collaborate and develop productive working relationships with members of the development team and Systems staff. Communicate effectively verbally and in writing on both a business and technical level.
- Effectively learn and use new programming concepts, tools, and methodologies to support the needs of the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level skills with the following languages and/or technologies required:
- Jenkins, Selenium, Docker, Bitbucket, Git, Artifactory, Jira, qTest or similar test management software
- Java with experience writing junit or testng test cases
- MySQL, Postgres or Oracle DB
- Network and Messaging protocols
- Web Applications, RESTful Web Services
- Jmeter or similar stress testing applications
- Linux, Windows
- Knowledge of Python or C# a plus
- Use of development process guidelines including Scrum and Kanban
- Deep understanding of core Java programming principles, data structures, framework design, and architecture.
- Create fully automated testcases for projects developed in Java, C++, C#, and Python for both Linux and Windows platforms
- Gather business requirements, translate those requirements into test plans, and create requirements traceability
- Plan/manage/prioritize work to meet objectives of multiple or competing priorities/projects; work concurrently on complex activities and tasks to accomplish goals; meet individual and/or team goals for a quality, on-time outcome; allocate and utilize time efficiently to complete work on schedule; shift focus quickly relative to changing priorities; identify and communicate potential conflicts that may impact commitments;
- Identify problems and collect relevant information for analysis; apply tools and logic to diagnose and develop theories on possible causes; look for root causes, not just symptoms; use judgment and experience to complement data; develop practical and relevant solutions; seek expertise or escalate problems when appropriate;
- Work cooperatively in group situations; offer assistance and support to co-workers; balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback;
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in full life cycle software development in a professional environment with focus on QA Automation.
- Experience working in the financial industry preferred.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$105k - $105k Annual