Senior Semantic Specialist
Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by NextLink Solutions
NextLink are currently working with a leading pharmacueutical organisation who are seeking a Senior Semantic Specalist on a remote basis on an initial 12-month contract.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Data Harmonization Service team to shape the further development and integration of our modelling service
- Implement and constantly improve the acquisition and integration of major public terminological resources.
- Interface with teams working on semantic technologies to build a knowledge graph with FAIR data.
- Engage with key customers of the Data Harmonization Service to supply high-quality and current semantic models using standards for knowledge representation and the content.
Must Have Skills:
- Excellent understanding of the Semantic Technology stack including triple stores, graph databases and semantic frameworks (eg JENA, RDF4J)
- Working experience with ontology tools like Topbraid Composer or Protégé and strong capability to write SPARQL queries
- Very good programming skills in JAVA and Python
- Deep knowledge about RDF, RDFS, OWL and related vocabularies for knowledge representation such as SKOS, SKOS-XL, Dublin Core, PROV-O. Familiarity with REST APIs, their usage, eg via CURL, as well as with JSON/JSON-LD
- Good knowledge about key semantic resources in the life sciences and data standards, including some of the following: Ontology Lookup Service, Bioportal, NCIt, ICD-10, MedDRA, SNOMED, CDISC, Allotrope, OHDSI etc
- Good understanding of data and information architecture.