Lead MDM Consultant
Posted on Apr 29, 2021 by Appoint Search Ltd
Lead MDM Consultant
An independent consultancy with deep expertise in all things data (think, strategy, integration, migration, Governance, quality, and architecture) are looking to hire a Lead MDM Consultant.
As an MDM Consultant, you will be taking the lead in engaging clients to choose Master Data Management (MDM) solutions and then support the delivery and scaling of MDM for those clients across multiple domains.
Many clients are greenfield in nature who are implementing MDM for the first time. However, you will support organisations that may be more mature with data mastering, particularly those who may work on a parent-child basis with data in more than one place.
You will be involved in various projects and engagements and run MDM Development Teams on projects; we are looking for you to have a technical background and a good understanding of products, and whilst ideally, some hands-on experience (even historical) is preferred, this is not essential. However, an ability to guide and direct those working for you is.
You must be able to pivot and engage stakeholders who are both from technology and business backgrounds and convince clients about MDM and help ensure clients are using best in class approaches and techniques.
- Team management. Driving staff to achieve their best for clients by supporting them personally and their development by creating an inclusive and leading by example approach.
- Support the development of commercial and compelling proposals for clients.
- Create strategies both go to market and for clients around MDM.
- Responsible for understanding and analysing requirements for Master Data Management implementation and translating them into a language both technical and business stakeholders understand.
- Responsible for making sure the team work cooperatively and constructively as part of broader teams (internally or externally)
- Provide technical support/advice about infrastructure, data profiling, data analysis, and data manipulation.
- Producing and reviewing documents such as blueprints, infrastructure designs and client proposals.
- Employ industry best practice techniques to all client deliverables.
- Several years (likely at least 7) experience developing solutions in master data management and data quality profiling.
- Good working knowledge of the MDM marketplace solutions, ie Informatica, IBM, Semarchy and Profisee.
- Strong experience in the delivery of MDM solutions from inception through to Production.
- Good experience in software configuration, deployment, production implementation, and monitoring processes.
- Good data analysis and data manipulation skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication skills.
- Experienced in building excellent client relationships and stakeholder management.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proven team leadership experience.
- Experience in proposal and strategy creation.
- Some exposure to sales processes.
The company is great, supportive, professional and at the forefront of data governance.
For the foreseeable future, this will be a home-based role with all interviews to be carried out by video conference.
Hit the apply button and discover what's possible.