Posted on Apr 28, 2021 by ITP Aero
A multifunctional role covering a broad range of IT support activities in our office and manufacturing facilities in Lincoln, along with support for our MES system. You will be part of a strong IT team spread across our sites, for the majority of the time you will be the only IT support on our Lincoln site. You must therefore be capable of working independently, managing your time and workload appropriately to meet the business's needs.
IT activities will include
- Day to day support of end user and infrastructure IT issues including upgrades
- Support of CAD (NX) PLM (Teamcenter) and other specialist software packages
- Support of our video conferencing and other communications systems
- Production of documentation (system configurations information, user guides, CAD drawings of the facility layout etc.)
Support of our MES system will include
- Daily business management/administration of our MES system (entering amendments to production information etc.)
- Performing end of month data validation of the MES system and data submission
- Creating and managing user accounts for the system
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong MS Office support skills (including Skype for Business)
- Support of Windows 7 and Windows 10 in a domain environment (including performing upgrades)
- User management through Microsoft Server AD
- Basic Networking skills including wireless
- PC and peripheral Hardware support
- Ability to work independently - managing you own time and work priorities
- Excellent communicator at all levels (verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure when the need arises
- Flexible approach to work activities
- Organised and methodical
- Willingness to travel (UK and possibly international for training)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Engineering or computer science related degree
- Familiarity with MES systems
- Support of Siemens Teamcenter
- Support of Siemens NX Software
- Familiarity with SSMS/SSRS and SQL
- Service desk experience
- Siemens PLC programming and support (Simatic)
- Windows Server Administration
- NetApp storage systems
- Use of CAD packages (SolidEdge) for drawing office layouts
- Citrix VDI
- CCTV systems
It is appreciated that a new recruit is unlikely to be proficient in all of the areas required for this wide-ranging position. However, applicants showing potential and a strong willingness to learn will be considered. Training will be provided in some areas, specifically MES and Teamcenter, where it is needed. For some training, it may be necessary to travel to our site in Spain or, depending on circumstances this may need to be by remote learning.
As your proficiency increases, you will be expected to become more involved in the development of the MES system including support of PLCS. Ideally, you will be creating reports from MES data using SSMS and SSRS. It may also be necessary to visit our other ITP sites to provide support and system development at these locations. Transport will be provided for these trips.
We offer flexible working hours and we have a company matched pension scheme (to 8% of salary), free parking, and many other benefits.
To apply for this position: please apply on the company website: Sometimes we get a lot of applications for our roles. On those occasions we might close the job early. If you don't want to miss out we recommend submitting your application as early as possible.