Working Site Manager
Posted on Apr 28, 2021 by Recruit Recruit Ltd
Working Site Manager
£45,000 to £55,000 per annum
Do you have proven experience of running high-spec refurbishment projects?
Do you also love rolling up your sleeves to keep your hand in, carrying out minor works alongside the trades people?
If the answer to these is yes, then this sounds like an ideal role for you.
Our client is a leading design and build company, specialising in the restaurant and hospitality sector, who is seeking an experienced Working Site Manager. The company is a leader in its field, working on projects throughout the UK.
This is a brand-new position, which the right candidate will be able to make their own. The role of Working Site Manager will entail the daily site management of projects, working closely with the Contracts Manager.
Alongside general site management duties you will also be expected to be 'hands-on' - carrying out general carpentry and construction works - anything from building stud partition walls to stripping out existing fixtures and fittings (mostly work that falls between main trades workload).
Responsibilities will include:
- General day to day site management.
- Purchasing materials, organising deliveries, cost reporting.
- Ensuring Health & Safety procedures are followed.
- Liaising with subcontractors.
- Supervising general labour.
- General carpentry and building work - studwork, boxing in, stripping out existing fixtures etc.
- Daily reporting to the Contracts Manager.
- Assisting the contracts Manager in providing weekly reports to the Client.
- Attending monthly progress meetings.
The projects vary in location but are typically centrally located around the Midlands and London area, usually no more than a 2-hour drive from the Birmingham Head Office. For this reason, you will need a full Driving Licence. You will be provided with a van - some projects are commutable, and others may require overnight stays.
You will have:
- Proven experience in a similar role.
- Wood Working trade experience - qualifications or time-served.
- Ability to communicate on all levels - you will be the face of our client on site, so a high standard of professionalism and work ethic are essential.
- A good general skill set.
- The ability to think on your feet to ensure the smooth running of the site.
Salary offered is £45,000 to £55,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Initial interviews will be conducted via Zoom, followed by a socially distanced interview at the Birmingham Head Office.