Posted on Apr 28, 2021 by CV-Library
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Economist to work for a global professional services business that spans over 40 countries. With an impressive growth strategy, the business has year on year growth and is continuing to flourish. As an Economist, you will join a small but growing team offering unique and varied opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic and nurturing environment.
As an Economist, you will be working in a Research and Market Intelligence Unit, providing information and economic trends to business stakeholders. You will work on a variety of projects and initiatives. These range from the production of the companies’ externally facing economic research documents to client focused, fee earning reports, to corporate and social media presentations.
* Economic forecasting; model specification and estimation
* Evaluate macroeconomic and microeconomic trends that have a direct/indirect effect on the construction industry
* Prepare written reports and presentations to senior management, key clients and regional costs centres
* Development, analysis and maintenance of corporate datasets and reports
* Supporting the development of new data-driven services, solutions, and products
* Assisting in and mentoring the economics research team and commissions as needed
As an Economist, you will have the following skills and experience
Previous experience or a sound and suitable understanding of the following will be a distinct advantage in applying for this role:
* Knowledge of econometric techniques: economic impact assessment; cost benefit analysis; and forecasting models are desirable
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain economic concepts and quantitative results, as well as their implications, to non-specialists, in plain English for a business audience
* Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision.
* Undergraduate Degree (or equivalent) in a course that is Economics based entirely, or as part of a joint honours programme
If you’re looking for an exciting opportunity to develop a long term career with excellent opportunities for growth and development, then this could be the role for you, so apply today