Web and Mobile App Developer
Posted on Apr 28, 2021 by CV-Library
Platform Resourcing are currently working in partnership with a business, who are focused on the research, development and incubation of new technologies. Based in Bridgend, South Wales, and as a result of their innovative research, this business has developed products which are sold and utilised globally.
They are now seeking a passionate Web and Mobile Application Developer with proven industry experience to join their expanding team, and to work alongside other developers, Mechanical and Electronic Engineers and Materials Scientists.
The suitable candidate will have an exceptional eye for detail, and will be able to take design ideas from concept, through to an interactive, intuitive, usability-driven and responsive web-application for desktop browsers and mobile platforms (like Android and iOS).
The client offers a great deal of autonomy and freedom to choose a tech-stack whether that be:
* React Native
Your role is to make the application looks great and for it to perform the task whilst working across multiple browsers and devices.
You will be working in a collaborative environment, designing, writing, reviewing, and testing code for cross-platform web applications. You will have an excellent understanding of OO principles, clean-code, and SOLID principles, and be well practised in test-driven development.
The role will report to the Senior Technical Manager and has the potential for partial remote working.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Advanced experience in web-application development
* Advanced experience in mobile development for both Android and iOS
* Excellent understanding and experience of React – Java, C/C++ would be beneficial but not critical
* Solid and proven experience with responsive design and implementation
* Experience with cross-browser compatibility
* Experience using REST API’s to retrieve data and update page views accordingly
* Solid understanding of test-driven development
* Passionate about clean code and/or craftsmanship principles
* Solid understanding and experience with using source code management tools like GIT
* Comfortable working on cross-platform environments (Windows, Mac, Linux)
* Comfortable using build & continuous integration tools
Salary, Benefits and Hours
* Hours of work: Mon-Fri, 09.00-17.30 (extra hours may be required from time to time)
* Basic salary range: £50,000 - £52,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)
* Fitness Club membership
* Contributory auto-enrolment pension scheme
* Childcare Voucher Scheme
* Share Option Scheme potential
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties’ interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited’s commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your date please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please contact us before applying.
Platform Resourcing Limited are acting as an employment agency and are advertising this role.
Due to the volume of applications, we will always attempt to contact all candidates, unfortunately this is not always possible