Business Project Manager - Antwerpen
Posted on Apr 28, 2021 by TALENT - IT
Our customer is looking for a business project manager for ongoing projects that need to be undertaken within a short period of time. Depending upon the experience, the project manager will take the lead for projects in our Cargo Solutions, HR or Barge Operations departments. The ideal candidate would have 5 - 10 years experience managing projects in domains such as terminal operations, logistics, supply chain or implementing IT applications. The ideal candidate has the capability to structure projects into manageable components and understand dependencies between planning, operations, technology and equipment for successful delivery.
Specify project scope: formulate, organize and monitor project aligned with strategy, define priorities, validate budget, define project metrics and impacted operational KPIs
Deliver Project: integrate project components into seamless chain to achieve objectives; manage change and risk; identify (inter) dependencies and recommend alternative approaches for delivery; assume responsibility to deliver in time, quality, budget and risk.
Establish governance structure: track and report program progress to key stakeholders with updates, recommendations, budgets and estimates for review and approval; manage project in line with PSAA PMO and Project Steering Committee guidance and decisions
Manage Cross-Functional Teams: collaborate with a Matrix organization to agree planning and priorities with other project and team manager as appropriate.
- Has strong project management skills with 5 - 10 years of experience (eg Terminal Operations, logistics, supply chain, implementing IT applications and functionality). Experience with software development life cycle (end to end) is considered as a plus
- Ability to manage external software suppliers (Nearshore/Offshore) (Contractual agreement process, Work Package definition and quality control) contracted to the project/Can steer collaboration with contractors on project.
- Is familiar with Business Analysis techniques (may participate to structure/support/challenge analysis but from a Project Management perspective)
- Can think work process-based (both independently and in a team)
- Partnerships and collaboration between individuals and teams, which may be co-located or distributed
- Experience in facilitating change, including collaboration with senior-level stakeholders
- Act as a change agent supporting and applying PMO standards and methods
- Ensure project has agreed written requirements, is planned and structured for success;
- Leads project delivery including setting up team structure and implementing PSAA PMO project standards and procedures within project
- Monitor project and project team performance and take corrective action as required;
- Ability to handle stakeholders interests and effectively communicate and align with them;
- Team player who gets motivation from helping build and implement a new project for the business
- Capacity to see the big picture and break project down into manageable components and understand dependencies between planning, operations, technology and equipment;
- Liaise and seek assistance of different departments/support functions, as required;
- Report regularly to PMO on any material issues involving the projects or risks;
- English/Dutch speaking