Student Account Administrator
Posted on Apr 28, 2021 by Cleveland Institute of Art
The Cleveland Institute of Art invites applications for the position of Student Account Administrator. Reporting to the Controller, the Student Account Administrator is responsible for performing the billing, collection, disbursement, and record maintenance of tuition and fees and other Institute and student-related funds in compliance with regulatory agency requirements. The Student Accounts Administrator will serve as the main contact for students and parents for billing matters. This position strongly focuses on financial aid transaction procedures related to student records, cash receipts and disbursements, and FERPA guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates and supervises the monetary aspects of in-person registration and drop/add adjustments.
- Maintains accounting records and reconciles external payments received from third-party scholarship agencies, vocational rehabilitation counselors, and 529 plan processors with Financial Aid Office as appropriate.
- Validates and processes student refund requests, tuition holds, and withdrawal calculations.
- Reconciles state and federal aid disbursements with the Financial Aid Office and submits to Financial Aid Office for correction.
- Verifies accuracy of billing for international exchange students, VA students, CSU students, mobility imports and exports.
- Manages collection process including but not limited to sending collection letters, calling delinquent accounts, preparing accounts to be turned over to a collection agency, and updating student accounts.
- Provides customer service function to parents and/or students on billing matters; deals directly with students and parents to resolve problems and complaints concerning student accounts; explains payment options to students and/or parents.
- Verifies data input in cash receipt module, reconciles and posts to the general ledger daily
- Prepares IRS Form 1098-T (Tuition Statements)
Must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed above.
Additional qualifications include:
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency in the application of all policies and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with confidential matters and records
- Ability to organize workloads and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Proven track record of a collaborative spirit and relationship development
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of an Associate's degree or applicable experience
- Bachelor's degree is preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in accounts receivable and cashiering, preferably in a higher education setting
- J1 Jenzabar software experience preferred.
- Requires knowledge of business office operations and cashiering.
HOW TO APPLY:
Position is open until filled with priority consideration given for applications received by May 14, 2021. Send resume with cover letter, and salary requirements, please reference job code: SA21 in the email subject line.
Cleveland Institute of Art (CIA) is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, CIA complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students, and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
The Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation's leading accredited independent colleges of art and design. Since 1882, the college has been an educational cornerstone in Cleveland, Ohio, producing graduates competitive as studio artists, designers, photographers, contemporary craftsmen, and educators.
With approximately 600 students, CIA offers a personal educational experience with the benefits of a larger institution. Students choose from 15 majors and live and work in Cleveland's University Circle, one of the country's most unique cultural centers - recently named by Forbes Magazine as one of the ten prettiest communities in the country.